It's my First time to talk about being asexual

Elpida07

Hi! (First I wanted to say sorry for my English). I'm 18 years old,and I'm asexual. People in my country don't really accept these things,and that's the reason I'm hiding even from myself. But hiding, makes my life miserable, everyday it's getting worst. I don't have someone to talk about this,cause my family also won't  even believe me. I am bored of pretending and even lying to myself. I love gym and taking care of my physical appearance so many guys are trying to get in touch with me but I avoid everyone cause I know that it's not going to have a happy ending. I am scared that I will have to spend all my life on my own,  I can develop strong feelings when I'm in a relationship, but not feelings for sex. I am not living in a big country, and most of the people here don't even know what asexuality is. 

Welcome! :cake::cake:

You've come to the right place! 

I'm relatively new to AVEN myself. I also have family members who don't believe me and I have never met another asexual other than online so I know it can be isolating. I'm also into physical fitness and physical activities, (rock climbing and backpacking are my favorite hobbies) and I have people asking me all the time, how is it that I'm always single. I've also had friends try to get me into dresses or short skirts and heals because "it's such a crime to keep such a sexy body covered" and the like. That because I have a good physical form, I should be showing it off. I even had a friend at dinner lat night try to get me to do a trick that would show off my cleavage to the "cute" waiter serving us. All it does is make me uncomfortable and feel super isolated. 

I'm sorry your having such a rough time with everything but I just want you to know, your not alone. And I hope things get better as time continues on.

Welcome! :cake: 

Hiding from yourself sucks. I did that to for a while. It can be hard to find other aces in bigger countries to so you can always find people to relate to here. I have family members who wouldn't believe me if I told them and the idea of telling them can be terrifying. They would probably tell me that I'm to young to know what I am (I'm 17) and while that's untrue it can still be upsetting. I'm sure that there are other aces in your country, you can look in the Meetup Mart and see if your country in the forms, and if it's not you could make a thread there. There are plenty of people here (myself included) that would be happy to talk to you and answer any questions. Good luck! Eat cake. :cake:

Welcome! It always sucks when you’re not accepted by the local community it’s, but that’s why we’re here. We’ll support you no matter what :) 

c3.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived