Getting aroused by new things?

Flump222

This is a pretty recent development, and I wanted to ask about it here. (Also, TMI below).

So, I ID somewhere between Gray-A and heteroromantic asexual (sort of), and I just wanted to ask about this. I do masturbate, and sometimes I use images when I do. Because I'm heteroromantic (and used to think I was straight) I usually use images of females. However, recently, I tried using images of males instead just as an experiment. To my surprise, I found myself pretty much just as aroused as with the other ones. I have zero attraction to males whatsoever, but this still happened. I'm pretty sure I'm autochori, so would that be a sign of it? Is this also a (general) sign of being on the ace spectrum? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Straight girls get off to images of other girls all the time. So I don't think that is proof of anything really.

2 hours ago, spazzticsoda said:

Straight girls get off to images of other girls all the time. So I don't think that is proof of anything really.

2 hours ago, Flump222 said:

However, recently, I tried using images of males instead just as an experiment. To my surprise, I found myself pretty much just as aroused as with the other ones. I have zero attraction to males whatsoever, but this still happened.

As to the point spazzticsoda was referring to regarding females, I would say this experiment was more just arousal from the sexual action than anything else since you can relate to it since you know all the feelings and emotions from masturbation, thus you have direct experience how actions at your own penis feels. Now, this is my personal opinion, and trust me, I am no expert, but this would be a guess from my own similar experiences.

Example from my point of view (some TMI): when I masturbate, 99% of the time it was the enjoyment from the physical motions of my jerking. However, for 1% of the time, my mind wondered to people I knew and wondered if they liked it and their own experience, plus if they enjoyed it as much as I did. So, I would put myself in their place and imagine myself through their eyes. But it was never about attraction, and that is the basis of sexual orientation and attraction: do you desire sex? For me, this was never the case, so I knew asexuality was correct for me. :)  

Archived