I’m so lost and confused and I have no clue what gender I am

E.F

I don’t even know if this is the right forum section for this. I’m a new user so I have no clue. 

Im 14 years old as of now. I have no clue what gender I fall into. I lean strongly toward female - I feel like a girl. But I also feel super masculine? It’s hard to explain. I never feel quite like a boy, but I feel like a really, really masculine girl. I’ve looked up everything I could, but I always get demigirl. I don’t feel like that, though. I don’t know if I’m just a masculine cis girl or what. I usually wear a combo of masculine/androgynous clothing and “girls” clothing (like an oversized hoodie with tight black pants, or a crop top with low rise, boxy pants meant for men). But other days, I lean strongly toward the girly side (crop top and short shorts, full face of makeup, bleh bleh bleh) and other day I dress fully masculine (oversized hoodie, men’s shirt, dark loose pants). I know that describing my clothes doesn’t really help but I REALLY don’t know how to word it. I know I’m not gender fluid, agender, male, or bigender. According to the internet, I’m demigirl, though it just doesn’t fit. I think I might just be a really masculine vid girl, but that also doesn’t feel right. Oh, and for clarification: it’s not like I feel a certain way on some days and differently the next. That’s just how I dress. I ALWAYS feel like a super masculine girl. Thanks for helping out, I hope I’m doing this right. 

Forgotten Fox

Heyo welcome to Aven! From what you're describing it sounds like you're just a really masculine person who identifys as female(Some would call it a butch girl). That's totally fine, being female doesn't mean you have to be any bit feminine as that's just how you express yourself not your identity. If that still doesn't seem right, let me know and we can think of something else :)

Galactic Turtle

I mean, you could be a masculine girl. Nothing wrong with that.

I was under the impression gender stuff had less to do with clothing and more to do with dysphoria.

Merriam-Webster defines dysphoria as:

1. A distressed state arising from conflict between a person's gender identity and the sex the person has or was identified as having at brith.

2. A psychological disorder marked by such distress.

Girls clothes are kinda dumb imo. I rarely wear them mostly because I detest showing off my figure. Still a girl though. Just one who appreciates practicality and despises the male gaze. 

I'm sure others have a lot more information. I'm just passing through! 

Forgotten Fox, Thanks! I’m still kind of confused. I just googled it (I know the internet’s unreliable but I’m 14 so like what do u expect) and I’m still confused about what it means. 

Thanks guys. It’s kind of confusing for me because it’s not as if I don’t like girls clothes. I just don’t tend to wear them often. I love showing off my body (ur bitch has a flat stomach and a big ass to make up for her tiny boobs), but I also like dressing “boyish”. I tend to dress as the latter more often. I think you’re right, I’m probably just a masculine girl. It just feels off, though. The way I dress is different than other people. It’s not just a way to express who I am, it is who I am. I know it’s dumb but everything about me can be seen in my clothes. Even peoplle I barely know can tell when I’m sad because I wear certain clothes when I feel a certain way. I keep relating this to clothes and it’s dumb it I can’t explain it any other way. 

There's nothing wrong with being a very masculine cis girl who just likes to occasionally, or always, dress in men's clothes. 

The degree of masculinity, femininity, or androgyny in your clothing style, personality, or interests doesn't necessarily determine what gender you are. So if you lean towards being female, and you feel okay with socially being regarded as female, and you're okay with your body being female, then to me it sounds like you'd most likely be female. But of course you're free to explore your gender and see if something else feels more right. There's just nothing bad about being a masculine girl or about being a gender nonconforming cis person. Not everyone who is gender nonconforming is or has to be trans*. 

Forgotten Fox

It's okay, clothes are different for everyone so if that's the best way you can explain then it's all good. Btw the definition of Butch is just: having an appearance or other qualities of a type traditionally seen as masculine.

(Which can be applied to many things including clothes)

scarletlatitude
39 minutes ago, E.F said:

Im 14 years old as of now. I have no clue what gender I fall into.

I'm 30 and I have no clue what my gender is. You're good. ;) 

I describe my gender as *shrug*

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

To be honest, I have no idea really, I myself am still wondering who I am besides being asexual. I'm in my late 20s as well. I guess I can say I'm androgyne or genderfluid. I've never liked feminine clothing as it made me feel "exposed" but that's how I am. I hope you find your answers you're looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, you've got plenty of time. I didn't figure out my gender identity until I was 22, and identity can change over time, too. Nothing wrong with questioning yourself, after all, a little research goes a long way.

Archived