oof- hello AVENians!

Aidren

I'm not specifically new, as I have come across this website before - I just haven't created an account. I'm honestly still 'questioning' my sexuality since I often have a high libido (not attraction) and masturbate - maybe a tad too much. I know for a fact I have an even higher libido during my menstruation, which makes me a bit confused. Am I sure the label 'asexuality' suits my sexuality? Should I be worried about my relatives being concerned about my (non-partnered) sexual activities? Anywho, that shouldn't be the topic of this post! My story of how I found the label, and how I felt about it, isn't too different. I considered myself a genderfluid bisexual exactly a year ago when I was still finding out about the terms for the LGBTQ+ community. I didn't have much time to find the community terms, mostly because my mother was a bit too strict on the amount of internet I could be on. She was also strict on how I acted, and also of religions. I'm not saying all people who believe in Jesus, or God, is homophobic, but my mother sure was. I managed to hide my sexuality and move to my father's house, who is more open-minded, but to this day; I haven't come out to her yet. Anyways, I was scrolling through the list of LGBTQ+ terms on Wikipedia (I know, ironic), when I came around the term 'asexual'. Me being me, I read through the definition as the other previous. I realised that it was very similar to how I felt (and acted), so I began to research asexuality. I soon found that there were terms that usually came before the 'asexual' word, and almost counted myself as grey-sexual - when I came across panromantic. Panromantic asexual was what I went by (still do) since then, and it was mostly because I truly didn't feel anything wrong about going by the labels. I understood them and felt like it was valid. Of course, I don't consider myself genderfluid - but rather genderqueer, since I also found the term through the list (another story f0r another time, though).

Well, that took awhile to type but here you go - my little story!

Welcome! A libido doesn’t equal sexual attraction, so you’re good. Neither do kinks and fetishes btw.  Relatives shouldn’t be involved in any kind of one person sexual activities. That’s you’re own business not theirs. It’s good that you feel comfortable with your labels. They seem to fit you well :) 

56476cc2b7f254.58157922.jpg?width=910&he

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Welcome to AVEN, I hope you enjoy it here.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived