Trying to understand and cope with myself

mace_

Hi, I'm 31 years old and recently discovered that I'm asexual and demiromantic, which explained a hell of a lot of my life. About two years ago was the first time I experienced romantic attraction in my life and this brought a lot of problems for me because I didn't know how to control and understand my feelings and emotions that suddenly appeared and didn't fit with how I knew myself before. I'm only slowly recovering from this now. I hope discovering my orientations now will help me getting back on track. I already read a lot of articles on the Internet with which I could identify very well and there seem to be a lot of nice and supporting people out there.

Well so much about me for now, basically I'm just posting here to say hi to the community and to not be an forum reading zombie ;)

Welcome! There are a lot of wonderful people on here, I’m sure you’ll find the support you’re looking for here. If you have any questions or queries feel free to ask :) 

rich-peanut-butter-and-chocolate-cake-85

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Hi all and thanks for these delicious cakes 😍

It's funny, when I was young I always wanted to be part of some special group of people, turned out I always was.

All these delicious cakes, thank you very much everyone. You really made me smile. :):):)

Also lots of cakes for you too. :cake::cake::cake: And hugs (for those who want).

Again thank you, you already made me feel at home. I'm feeling much better now. :D

Archived