AceCon America 2018

cemeterywitch

cemeterywitch

July 14th & 15th 2018

it will be held at Grand Valley State University

it’s in Allendale, Michigan - USA

(near Grand Rapids)

at the Kirkoff Center

I’ll comment in this thread with more updates as their posted. 

Here’s the facebook group, you’ll get faster updates there:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/222199948210427

I’m not running it. Just noticed no current info has been posted about it on AVEN.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I wish I could go, but I'm in Yellowstone this summer, it'll be my last summer there until I'm up on bagpipes. Then once I'm on bagpipes I'll return to Yellowstone, I go for the summer season and stay for 5 months and volunteer with NPS and work with Xanterra. 

imnotafreakofnature!

Sounds awesome! I won't be able to go, but please post about it here on AVEN so the rest of us know what we're missing out on! I'm not on FB, so I can't check it out there.

ThatThespianInTheCorner

Dang, I wish I could go. But my parents probably won't let me go hang out in Michigan for a couple of days... <_<

Hermit Advocate
6 hours ago, squaggly said:

why don't they ever have something near me?

Seconded. 

Hermit Advocate

I'd love to go but I really don't think I could afford the traveling expenses. 

Asexual._.Blanket

This is actually one of several times I've seen things like this near me, however, all the events are usually an hour away (as is this one) and sneaking off that far without my parents knowledge is near impossible... <_<

cemeterywitch

“ It's here! AceCon is happening this July, the 14th-15th, at the Allendale campus for Grand Valley State University. We will be open for attendees on the 14th, 9am-9pm, and on the 15th, 9am-3pm

Free parking is available at the Kirkhoff center, and the buss will be running between Grand Rapids central buss terminal and the Kirkhoff center all day.

We will be posting announcements about speakers, vendors, and special events as we confirm them; in the meantime, please ask any questions in the main group, direct them to the board members, or email aceconamerica@gmail.com “

• 3 weeks later...
cemeterywitch

bhk5r7.jpg

Feel free to save & share this photo with friends, family, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
cemeterywitch
On 5/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, Sandra B said:

Will try to download and share in my newsletter, thank you x The Asexuality UK conference is on 8th of July.

I would really appreciate that, thank you :) 

• 1 month later...
Biblioromantic

@cemeterywitch Do you have any idea how many aces will be there? I'm not opposed to traveling, but I'd only be interested if it were a large enough group to warrant spending all that $$ to go. Also, I'm not out to all of my family, so I hesitate to do too much ace stuff on Facebook.

cemeterywitch
12 hours ago, Biblioromantic said:

@cemeterywitch Do you have any idea how many aces will be there? I'm not opposed to traveling, but I'd only be interested if it were a large enough group to warrant spending all that $$ to go. Also, I'm not out to all of my family, so I hesitate to do too much ace stuff on Facebook.

I’m not exactly sure how many people will be there. I would send an email to the people running it, they may have some numbers. 

aceconamerica@gmail.com

You don’t have to RSVP on Facebook or anything like that. You can just show up. 

I will be bringing gluten free vegan cupcakes for people to enjoy. 

This event is LGBTQIPA+ friendly, so you can bring any friends from the community who support Asexuals. 

• 2 weeks later...
Misery's Fence
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, cemeterywitch said:

I’m not exactly sure how many people will be there. I would send an email to the people running it, they may have some numbers. 

aceconamerica@gmail.com

You don’t have to RSVP on Facebook or anything like that. You can just show up. 

I will be bringing gluten free vegan cupcakes for people to enjoy. 

This event is LGBTQIPA+ friendly, so you can bring any friends from the community who support Asexuals. 

AHHHHHH VEGAN CUPCAKES!!!  <3  Probably won't be able to go, though; I'm hoping against all hope that my daughter will be getting married sometime around then and I'll be on a plane to England...

Archived