Origins of lithromanticism?

SterlingBull

Who found lithromanticism and who invented a name for it? If you know please answer and include sources if possible.

I don't know if it's a new term or thing but I guess it's not that new since I've seen posts about the topic that are from 2007.

I'm interested about the concept of lithromanticism and I think I'm one as well so it would be nice to know as much as possible about it.

DeltaDeusChaos

Sorry this isn't to answer your question.

Thank you for introducing me to the term lithromanticism. I've been calling myself a quasi-demi-a-romantic for too long.

From my few years in a latin class I know that "lith" is similar to the greek word "litho". It's used as a prefix to add "stone" into a word.

Sorry for not being able to answer your question further. I'd need time to research that I don't currently have. 

Hi!

You're welcome.

Yeah I've read that lithromantic/sexual would basically mean stoneromantic/sexual which kinda makes sense, I guess?

Like existing feelings solid stone when romantic/sexual stuff is reciprocated?

Anyways it's okay and I'm happy someone saw this and actually replied something since this is my first post and first day on this forum.

I wish lithromanticism/sexuality gets more research or something since it seems to be pretty unknown orientation even today. Like if it gets to be a real official orientation I hope to get decent information of it and tips how to manage live with it.

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

3 hours ago, Jadekiivi said:

Who found lithromanticism and who invented a name for it? If you know please answer and include sources if possible.

I don't know if it's a new term or thing but I guess it's not that new since I've seen posts about the topic that are from 2007.

I'm interested about the concept of lithromanticism and I think I'm one as well so it would be nice to know as much as possible about it.

I cannot answer your question, but I can provide a perspective regarding lithromanticism term.

First, the inventor of the term and the one who got it into the dictionary may not be the same person. I have invented tons of the terms, but how much of them will get into the dictionary? Maybe someone invents the same term as I did, but manages to get it into the dictionary.

Second, the term is metaphoric due to "stone" reference, and metaphoric terms are easier to get mis-interpreted than non-metaphoric terms, so you may want to invent a new term for one with romanticism related targets that are restricted to virtual, and that may not be easy.

DeltaDeusChaos

I've taken enough Lit courses to know that this alone doesn't count as a reliable source but it was the first that claimed to know it's origin. Yes it has to do with stone. The article it links to is very long but seems to say that the term might have existed before the internet.

Where I found the link from:

https://theacetheist.wordpress.com/2015/09/20/aroace-word-origins-ref/

Actual Link:

http://stopanthropomorphizingme.tumblr.com/post/86509983303/on-lith-and-stone

I would like to note that trying to find that has lead me down a wormhole of debates about whether or not you should use lithromantic, akoiromantic, and Aporomantic. Supposedly only butch lesbians are to use the term lithromantic. Everyone else is supposed to use akoiromantic and aporomantic is the least controversial one to use. They all mean the same thing and I haven't seen any evidence to back this up. It's up to you to decided if you want to step on toes that I can't seem to find evidence of existing

Archived