Non asexual or aromatic

Charcoal.Grey

Charcoal.Grey

Welp here's my question, can someone who is not asexual or aromatic develop a squish? I'm bisexual and genderfluid but I am not asexual or aromatic, yet I've come to like this person in a non-romantic or sexual way. He's kind, plays music, draws, and has a good sense of style. The other day he said hi to me and I said hi then realized it was him turned and tripped.... We were in school... Infront of a lot of people... On cement... I landed on my face... Glasses flew off my face and phone out of my hand he helped me up, put my glasses back on, and gave me a hug asking me if I'm okay.. SEE WHAT I MEAN HES GREAT PERFECT BESTFRIEND MATERIAL!! I've never really wanted a friend I was okay with them but I wouldn't say I desired them I was comfortable being alone. So yeah can you help me out please? 

I don't see why not! The term squish was developed by the a-spec community, but anyone can have one!

• Like 1

Yes you can squishes are considered to be platonic. Everyone has some experience with platonic relationships regardless of sexuality.

• Like 1
Charcoal.Grey

Thank you everyone who answered I appreciate you all taking the time to answer my question ((: 

• Like 1

I think even sexual hetero/ 'normies'...I don't know what to call them! You know, most people! Even they get intense 'squishes', like they really admire someone and would love to hang out with them, etc. They usually call them 'man crush' or 'girl crush'. Their sexual orientation is straight, but they kind of gush over a member of the same sex in a way  that's not romantic or sexual.

I get squishes to where I just want to spend a lot of time with the person. I'm asking myself if maybe these feelings dip a little  into the romantic,but I  am not convinced they do.