Aromantic?

DarthMulligein

DarthMulligein

I'm pretty sure that I am aromantic, but I want to know how you knew and how I can know more certainly. If that doesn't make any sense, I'm sorry I am just not very good with words and stuff so yeah.

that's completely okay. aromantic is feeling barely or nothing in romantic attraction, but it differs for everyone. that is just the definition, all aromantics can be different and differ in who they are as a person. hopefully you enjoy your time and stay here, it's alright if it doesn't make sense. you don't need to do something you're uncomfortable with, if you think you are, then you definitely can be. if you think you aren't it's completely alright. just do what makes you happy and comfortable. let yourself experiment and explore, or just stay in your comfort zone and doing what you would like to do. this is your life, you're the owner of it. 

I don't desire any of the stuff deemed part of a romantic relationship. Kissing and cuddling do nothing for me beyond sensation, and I never feel anything more than platonic for anyone whether they're a friend or someone I'm 'dating'. In every situation where people say one should be feeling romantic feelings, I can't tell the difference from hanging out with friends.

I'm still not sure myself! In fact, I think that being so unsure is a sign that you might be aro because it's so hard to tell if you have an absence of something that is defined by 'you'll know if you feel it'.

19 hours ago, DarthMulligein said:

I'm pretty sure that I am aromantic, but I want to know how you knew and how I can know more certainly. If that doesn't make any sense, I'm sorry I am just not very good with words and stuff so yeah.

If you want more certainty about your aromanticism, then take aromanticism as "seed" and try to make that "aromanticism seed" grow into aromanticism, which means try to be aromantic instead of be aromantic. In other words, if you want more certainty about your aromanticism, then test how aromanticism fits in your life. On other hand, how I knew that I am aromantic is that I simply could not find romantic targets in me, despite openly looking for them.

Galactic Turtle

I just know that I've never had a crush, don't want to have a partner, and can't handle physical contact. Even if I'm not aro I'm as good as celibate anyway. I hope to make good friends in life! 

I think I can love people but not in the way that "counts."

Archived