Answering Questions... probably?

the_rebecca

I saw one of my sisters last weekend. She said she'd like to sit down with me sometime and Ask Some Questions and also Have a Talk. She explicitly didn't invite her girlfriend, because she wants it to be a Sister Thing.

Like... I am not at all sure what she'll want to talk about or if she has questions. I haven't done a Q&A with anyone since I came out, so I'm not sure what to expect? Probably just a lot of defining things for her and trying to explain how my brain works? I guess?

What do you guys think she'll ask? Should I, like, prepare? (Is my Type A showing? haha)

Go in with an open heart and mind. You're the expert on you, and whatever the question, there are no wrong answers.

5 minutes ago, Verbosoul said:

Go in with an open heart and mind. You're the expert on you, and whatever the question, there are no wrong answers.

I am an expert on me. I like that. I love it, actually. No wrong answers. This is good.  <3

Remember that you can always say something like: Sorry, but that's a bit too personal, can we move on to another question?

I've done a few interviews and nobody seems to mind.

41 minutes ago, Kyōma32 said:

Remember that you can always say something like: Sorry, but that's a bit too personal, can we move on to another question?

I've done a few interviews and nobody seems to mind.

That's really really good advice, because she is an over-sharer, so I'm sure she'll ask a lot of highly-personal questions haha

Good luck!  Its great that she wants to take the time to understand. I hope its a beneiftial conversation and strengthens your bond. 

Take it easy and remember you've the right to not answer stuff you don't feel comfortable with but I'd advise to know enough stuff about asexuality incase she tries to the "But how do you know" route. Goodluck!

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

It's really good that she is interested, and might make a great advocate, must be great to have such an interested sister. Good luck!:DJust be yourself.

Archived