Hello!

Jordan43

I recently stumpled upon asexuality in an online post, and it was honestly a relief because it just felt like something finally fit. Seeing other people having such similar experiences has made me feel like I’m not alone! Here’s my story..

I’m a 25 year old woman, and have never been in a relationship. I come from a family where sexuality and identity are really not discussed (for ex my sister came out to my parents as bisexual and though they said they were fine with it, it was never mentioned again). This was over 3 years ago..

I came across asexuality a few months ago and thought that this described me pretty well. I’ve had some sexual experiences but have felt bored at best, generally just uncomfortable/like I wanted to leave. But it’s starting to get to the point now where I have to fend off comments constantly about relationships and dating, and I always just make an excuse. When really, I’m just not interested. I can count on one hand the number of people I’ve thought about having a romantic relationship of any kind (let alone sexual) and it has been only after knowing them well or at least having a deep conversation. This is why i think I’m leaning toward demi or gray at the moment. 

Anyways I’m happy to be here and excited to explore more :)

I'm glad you've found a sexuality you think fits with you. Good luck with future asexuality research and welcome to AVEN

Welcome! Take your time choosing a label, there’s no rush. The label is about telling others how you feel, and just as feelings can change labels can change also as you get to know yourself more. You can chose to take up the label now and adapt it later,  or search for the specific term (Demi/grey) that fits better first and then identify as such. Don’t rush yourself, it’s about making yourself more comfortable, not about pleasing other people. :) 

mouth_watering_cake-other.jpg

Welcome and good luck in your search for labels, it isn't always the easiest but if you have questions there are people here willing to help out. And have some cake :cake:

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived