The Representation We See

tobi.is.a.gross.nerd

tobi.is.a.gross.nerd

I used to never understand why people of other orientations got so excited about there being a person of their same orientation on a show or film or something of the sort. I understood the gist of it, but I never really had a full comprehension of the satisfaction they would hold by seeing that. 

Recently, however, there was a picture that I saw on Instagram of my favourite actor (Misha Collins) playing Castiel from supernatural and wrapping an ace flag around his shoulders. Beside him was Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) with a bi flag around his shoulders. Seeing the flag and seeing that one of my favourite characters and people were supporting that and knew it's meaning was the most fulfilling feeling I have ever had. And let me tell you guys. I jumped around and fanned out like no one has ever seen. At that moment I was so filled with pride for who I was and what I represented that I couldn't help but scream and jump around like a little kid. It was amazing, and I want this to be able to happen to everyone of every orientation. I want there to be a representation of everyone so they can feel the same way. 

I want soft lesbian rep. Not just butch lesbians with short hair and tattoos

I want strong manly gay men. Not just the flamboyant lovely boys

I want pan rep. Not just hoes who get labelled as pan when they're not

I want different gender rep. 

I want a world where every single person is able to feel that pride that I felt.

That pure joy that I held in my heart. I want acceptance for any and all of the guys, gals, and non-binary pals of the world. 

Because you know what?

EVERYONE deserves it. 

28 minutes ago, tobi_christina_whichever said:

I used to never understand why people of other orientations got so excited about there being a person of their same orientation on a show or film or something of the sort. I understood the gist of it, but I never really had a full comprehension of the satisfaction they would hold by seeing that. 

Recently, however, there was a picture that I saw on Instagram of my favourite actor (Misha Collins) playing Castiel from supernatural and wrapping an ace flag around his shoulders. Beside him was Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) with a bi flag around his shoulders. Seeing the flag and seeing that one of my favourite characters and people were supporting that and new it's meaning was the most fulfilling feeling I have ever had. And let me tell you guys. I jumped around and fanned out like no one has ever seen. At that moment I was so filled with pride for who I was and what I represented that I couldn't help but scream and jump around like a little kid. It was amazing, and I want this to be able to happen to everyone of every orientation. I want there to be a representation of everyone so they can feel the same way. 

I want soft lesbian rep. Not just butch lesbians with short hair and tattoos

I want strong manly gay men. Not just the flamboyant lovely boys

I want pan rep. Not just whores who get labelled as pan when they're not

I want different gender rep. 

I want a world where every single person is able to feel that pride that I felt.

That pure joy that I held in my heart. I want acceptance for any and all of the guys, gals, and non-binary pals of the world. 

Because you know what?

EVERYONE deserves it. 

I couldn't agree more! Exactly!💚💙

Miss Anne Thrope

This is what I felt when Todd came out on Bojack Horseman. At the end of that episode, I quickly and unexpectedly burst into joyful tears, because holy shit, there's actually a character on tv that I can point to and say "that's me! That's what I am!" 

I never would have thought that representation would mean so much to me until I got it, and it was amazing.

43 minutes ago, Miss Anne Thrope said:

This is what I felt when Todd came out on Bojack Horseman. At the end of that episode, I quickly and unexpectedly burst into joyful tears, because holy shit, there's actually a character on tv that I can point to and say "that's me! That's what I am!" 

I never would have thought that representation would mean so much to me until I got it, and it was amazing.

Yes! I had a similar reaction to that episode- especially from a character I already was a fan of- positive asexual representation for the win!

Archived