Hi just something i will like to get off my chest

Mitch Thomson

Mitch Thomson

Hi i find this app hard to use and communicate with due to layout and control functions i joined this app because im a 19 year old gay guy that has never enjoyed sex and that finds sex boring and hates sex and I've never been able to fit in the gay community or find a boyfriend because of it guys have always rejected me because i don't like sex I've always felt isolated because of this and never came across any other gay guys that want a non sexual relationship with just cuddling/kissing as that's only thing I've ever enjoyed and felt comfortable with in a relationship i feel that im the only gay guy that is like this i turn 20 this July 5th and i am still being rejected by guys not just this but no guy has ever wanted to be friends with me either i am from Nottingham England UK and was hoping to chat with people who are local to me the apps i find easy to use and talk on are Instagram WhatsApp and Facebook my Instagram is michello_t1998 and i also have Facebook.  

Oh hey, a fellow gay around the same age as me! Welcome to AVEN, I hope you find what you're looking for.

I prefer the company of the opposite sex but I have the same problem you do. We yanks are so sex obsessed that on more than one occasion it became "no sex - no friendship".  Sex, sex, sex. The best solution to your problem may be finding another male asexual. As we seem to be a rather rare species this may take some effort.  However I remember discussing something with a female asexual from Nottingham no more than a week ago. We may be rare and often invisible but we do exist.  I hope you and I find the sort of person we are searching for. Good luck to us (and uk too).  

thebest of luck.

the dating game is rough. you may have better luck including people who are non-sexual as well as asexual in your search. 

Welcome to AVEN.

It's hard to connect to people and even more so when you're a minority. Just keep looking and one day you'll find someone compatible. OKCupid is a good place, if you're looking for dating, as you can mark asexual as your orientation.

On a modly note: AVEN is not a dating site and cannot be used as such (due to legal reasons). However, if you go to meetups or become active in the community, sometimes meeting your perfect match happens anyway (totally happened for me). :)

Archived