Hello ^.^

MissMidnight

Hey,

Kind of funny how hard it is to think of what to write here lol. 

Well Im a 26 yr old girl from Melbourne, Australia. 

I did alot of research when I was about 16 years about sexuality when I didnt seem to match anyone I knew. I eventually came across Asexual and it well seemed to match in alot of it, so I eventually told my parents at about 17-18 and well my mother rushed me to see doctors as this wasnt normal and well they told me I wasnt and that it didnt exist. That instead I should see a sex therapist and apparently they would "fix" me. Well I never mentioned it to family again. Everyone I have dated however I have told and well alot of those relationships crashed and burned but thats okay. Currently Im in a relatonship thats being gone strong for 2 years now, we do have our ups and downs on both sides but we work through it the best we can. 

I mostly decided to join this site because frankly Im a bit of a shut in, I have 1 friend in Melbourne who I rarely get to see as he works full time and well the other friends I have are interstate. As amazing as they are none of them really understand certain things or they are also friends with my partner which means I dont really have anyone to vent to if i need to.. and if i need any advice they generally cant quiet understand even when they do try really hard which is appreciated but sometimes its lonely. 

So basically Im here to learn things and hopefully make some friends in the process :) sorry about the sadish post as I now read back on it but I might as well be honest and I wasnt really sure what to write so there is my story.

Thank you and pleasure to meet you all xo

Welcome to AVEN. Have a cake! :cake: 

I hope we can become friends and you can talk to me anytime about anything. And i hope you have a good time in here. Enjoy!

So, welcome again.

Hi and welcome! 

Sounds like we are in a pretty similar situations in friendships and relationships so feel free to talk to me anytime! 

No doubt you'll learn a lot and hopefully find new friends in here :cake:

Welcome! I’m sorry to hear how your parents reacted, that was really mean of them to just force that on you. If you’re interested in making new friends irl as well you could always check out the meetups we have at the Meetup Mart :) 

csc_8469.jpg

Thank you guys :) Im sure ill learn alot and make friends here and Ill definitely look out for meet ups ^.^

Welcome! I hope your stay will be as insightful as it has been for me!

:cake:

I hope so too :) Its sure to be a good experience either way ^.^

thank you :) There so should be a cake service lol you join and you get sent an actual cake from one of the pictures you receive as a welcome lol. Could be almost a game of guess which cake youll get xD Ill have to get cake tomorrow

Welcome! :cake:

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived