What's Your Favorite Part of a Cake?

Ldlelee

What's Your Favorite Part of a Cake?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. When you're eating cake, what do you enjoy the most?

• The cake itself
    • The frosting
    • The decorations
    • The toppings (sprinkles, candy, etc.)
    • EATING IT
    • Other/Please comment
    • I don't like cake. D:

This poll is closed to new votes

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

The frosting for me πŸ™Œ!πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ‘Œ

Yeah it was on the first page of my search and I was like, THAT IS THE ONE!!!

I don't like to run out of icing, so I don't eat all the icing first; I like to distribute the icing portions reasonably, with some portions of big honkin' icing for sugar coma.Β  The weirder the colors the better, but to me all the colors taste different even if they don't have flavor, just because of how they look if you know what I mean.

I'm actually welling up with emotion, some tears are coming to my eyes, thinking about this.Β  So beautiful,Β delectable, amazing.

Β 

FWI, there is a time-lapsed video of them making the Highway Unicorn cake with recipe on Tastemade.com....Β https://www.tastemade.com/videos/highway-unicorn-cake

The frosting.

Β 

I once had cake in a high school law class (can't recall why) and a guy sitting behind me ate the cake, leaving the frosting, while I did the opposite, so we then traded to get twice the goodness.Β  XDD

everywhere and nowhere

Hard to say, but in some cakes (brownies, for example, or my mom's apple sponge cake) I prefer the moist part and leave it to eat as last. At least, as long as it's non-alcoholic. But my great-aunt baked brownies from time to time and she never used alcohol to soak it, just some chocolate sauce. My family knows that I don't drink and intensely dislike alcohol.

I save the icing on Christmas cake for last as I like that bit the most, but generally I just enjoy eating it allΒ :cake:Β :).

The icing! When I eat a cupcake, I tend to eat most of the bottom first so I can save the part with icing for last.

RoseGoesToYale

It's a tossup between the frosting and the cake. They have to work in tandem.

Cake is cake, nomnomΒ 

For me, I like the cake itself. I find that I don't like frosting when it's too rich/sweet(an example would be buttercream and Fondant.) But occasionally, I eat both Cake & icing!

Frosting all the way. Unless it’s crappy frosting.

If you didn't say frosting, you're eating the wrong frosting!

In order of excellence, according to me:Β 

Β 

1. Cream cheese frosting
  2. Buttercream
  3. Fudge icing
  4. Ganache
  5. Crappy supermarket frosting
  6. Icing glaze

Usually, the inside, like, the most chocolate-y part in the centre or one particular layer that has stronger taste. I keep that for last and usually it's very soft and difficult to keep for last and eat the solid stuff around first and I get a lot of weird looks as I look like I'm eating a chicken wing with the tip of my teeth. You're welcome :lol:

So what I love about cupcakes is that the half without the wrapper is the half with the frosting.Β  It's a good excuse to eat cake frosting-first.Β  ^_^

Knight of Cydonia

The frosting is what I always save for last, but it can sometimes be too sweet by itself. So, I'd say icing with a thin layer of cake is my favourite.Β I always start from the bottom/inside of the cake and work my way out to the outer icing layer.

• 1 month later...
cosmosredshift7

I am very picky about icing and moisture of the cake. one kind of icing tickles the back of my throat (and makes me want to throw up), and i cannot for the life of me ever remember if it is buttercream or another icing. If the cake itself is not heavy and moist, throw it tf out, because if I wanted something lightweight and dry, I would take a big ole bite out of a sponge.

Β 

if the icing isn't the one i like but the cake is good, I scrape the icing off with a fork or napkin. If i do like just the icing but the cake is gross, i'll eat some of the icing and then get sick of it before i finish.Β If they're both bad, then YEET!

Β 

so yes, the cake itself is the MOST important, as it is the only part i will fully eat if i deem it good

• 7 months later...

The frosting for sure. Except for bad frosting, which can ruin the whole cake 😭

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

The whole thing. (Most) cakes need frosting just as mush as frosting needs cake.

My favorite part is the cake itself. I do not like common decorations and toppings on cakes, eg sprinkles, fondant, and berries- cough I need to eat more fruit shh cough. I don't much like icing but I still enjoy cakes with a moderate amount.

Just the whole process of baking one and trying something new this time.

Archived