What's Your Favorite Part of a Cake?

Ldlelee

What's Your Favorite Part of a Cake?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. When you're eating cake, what do you enjoy the most?

• The cake itself
    • The frosting
    • The decorations
    • The toppings (sprinkles, candy, etc.)
    • EATING IT
    • Other/Please comment
    • I don't like cake. D:

This poll is closed to new votes

After staring at the remains of a birthday cake the size of my head (and ordering myself not to eat it), it got me thinking about what other people enjoy the most about cake. Since my research requires the opinion of experts, I have turned to AVEN.

Me, I love the frosting. I usually eat it first before I move on to the cake. What about you guys?

arekathevampyre

I love the cake on the whole but sometimes eat the frosting off first lol 

And yeah the deco taste good too (so I will keep that to the end lol)

Ase of Spades

The frosting is always the best part. Cake itself is good, but let's be real: It's just a frosting delivery system because eating it straight from the container is frowned on. :D

EDIT: I see people posting their favorite cakes, so I'm gonna throw mine out there. Red velvet, as seen under the spoiler because the image is kinda big. 

Spoiler

14REDVELVET-superJumbo-v4.jpg

arekathevampyre
2 minutes ago, Ase of Spades said:

The frosting is always the best part. Cake itself is good, but let's be real: It's just a frosting delivery system because eating it straight from the container is frowned on. :D

lol yes !! :D

has anyone eat whipped cream directly from its can ? 

I want to try this someday lol 

The frosting! (As long as it's good frosting and not that cheap, too-sweet sugary stuff... Blegh!)

Oh, and because this thread totally needs pics, here's a pic of my favourite kind of cake.

bananacake.jpg

i definitely personally prefer the frosting. i'm not a huge sweet tooth, but i love my sweets here and there. we all have different opinions though.

Lucas Monteiro

Excuse me, what asexual doesn't like cakes ? That option shouldn't even exist :D 

The cake itself. I actually hate frosting. It's way too sweet and dry. There have been one exception so far. I prefer if cakes have little to no frosting, or else I'd just pick it off. I really like whipped toppings. I don't really like the other toppings either, not even on ice cream.

#unpopular opinion

My favorite cake is more of a pudding, that's why I love it so much. Dirt cake! <3 Spoiler for size.

Spoiler

Image result for dirt cake

EATING IT

I don’t like regular birthday/wedding cake as much - the kind you'd typically get in America. But other cakes, I love. 

46 minutes ago, arekathevampyre said:

lol yes !! :D

has anyone eat whipped cream directly from its can ? 

I want to try this someday lol 

No, of course not... okay yes, of course :P 

I love eating it...but especially the cake itself. <3 My mom makes the best cakes, but watch out, it is packed with sugar. :P I have a sweet tooth, but sometimes even the frostings she makes are too sweet for me!! :lol: Which one wouldn't think was possible lol.

For me, it is cake itself rather than the icing or decoration

7 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

@SkyWorld

The cake looks yummy !! 😍👍

It is! I get it for my birthday every year. ^_^ 

It all depends on the cake. 

Cakes, like people, all have their strengths and weaknesses (except maybe bienenstich, that cake is the overachiever of the cake world), some cakes have a fantastic crust, others have great toppings, sometimes they have magnificent frosting, and some other ones, the cake bit is the best part..

Some cakes, are like savant cakes, the whole part of them is kinda just ok.. except this one part, were you would get the whole cake just for that one tiny bit of it, for example, dairy queen vanilla ice cream cake. Vanilla ice cream is ok, but the real amazing bit of that cake, that makes the cake worth eating, is that chocolate bit in the middle, it is spectacular... so it's underachieving in everything except that brown amazingness in the center, it could get into Harvard with just that bit.. 

Spoiler

cake.png

But with the best cakes, it's all about how everything together complements each other, where taking one thing out or replacing it, just make the whole cake worse

examples: 

Spoiler

mWNLlAh.jpg

Zwetschkendatschi with streusel (plum cake with crumble) 

it's got to be thin crust though, several mess it up, by making the crust to fluffy and thick.. 

DQ18HWi.jpg

banana chocolate cake

6ObUKV5.jpg

Bienenstich or bee sting cake 

1O1Msoa.jpg

Donauwelle (exact translation: Danube wave)  

there are also some cakes that do everything well, except one thing, those include cakes like most cakes with meringue/baiser (messing up the whole cake with that weird white egg foam) and also often chocolate cream cake (crust and non-cream parts often aren't done all to well..) 

Spoiler

Baiser/meringue: 

qcpnOHf.jpg

look at that poor cake, it's been ruined :(

The part that's on my plate of course. Silly question. :lol:

I prefer cakes that are not iced.  Lemon drizzle is good, orange and almond drizzle, fruit cake without icing, a sponge cake with just a jam filling, etc.  I do like coffee walnut cake with a buttercream topping though.

I like the cake part :D

17 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

@Nebulous

The cake is cute !! Is there a name for it ? 

It's called a "Jeannes cake"! They're made by Jeannes Bakery in Winnipeg, MB, Canada. Super tasty and addictive. I always bring a couple home whenever I fly out there. :P

arekathevampyre
2 minutes ago, Nebulous said:

It's called a "Jeannes cake"! They're made by Jeannes Bakery in Winnipeg, MB, Canada. Super tasty and addictive. I always bring a couple home whenever I fly out there. :P

Thank you !! I have to go to Canada now haha :D

I'm a slut for frosting.

I have to join in with the frosting lovers.  I'm next in line just after the kids (if not before), asking for the mound of colorful flower or whatever on my piece.  Or I wanna piece from this cake:

Spoiler

ca5ec942-highwayunicorncakes-pc.jpg

It seems that most enjoy eating it. I expected nothing less of AVEN. xD

@Cnyb THAT CAKE LOOKS AMAZING. O___O

Archived