Isolation.

xxFoxFaderxx

Hey, everyone. I'm not incredibly experienced in this topic and feel as though... there aren't many who believe or agree with strictly romantic relationships; omitting the sexuality of it all. I see posts online, but that's all they are too me. There isn't a... connection if that makes any sense. I often times feel myself feeling alone because I haven't found an account in which someone has struggled with recognizing whether or not they were asexual. It was always "I've always been disinterested in sex," or "I never felt compelled to talk/make jokes about sex." I personally am flippant between thinking I'm asexual (I'd be content not having sex and I rarely feel the physical compulsion to be with someone), or being bisexual because I feel like both genders (all genders really!) are breathtaking and simply attractive in their own ways. Sometimes for appearance, but never for the biological parts that most are interested (i.e. chest, muscles, ass, etc.).

Does this make any sense?

I would love to have a PM discussion about this if anyone is willing. I just feel... left out. It's difficult to feel alienated for something I don't know. There's a lyric from a song that says "the more you know who you are, the less you let things upset you," and I wholly believe that. I just want to reach that level of self-identification like all people do. I want to understand myself, but I don't have anyone who's willing to discuss this with me. Most people I've talked to get uncomfortable or don't understand what I'm trying to say. 

Anyway,

Hopefully joining this forum will educate me as well as put my nerves at ease.

-Aurora

Hi there! I’m super happy I stumbled across this post, because you pretty much described what l feel. It sounds like you might be biromantic (experiencing romantic, but not sexual, attraction to both men and women). I’m rather busy tonight - I have to prepare a speech (gross) - but if you’re still open to it, I’d love to send a PM your way tomorrow and discuss this. 

Welcome to AVEN!

Hi!
Looks like you've already got one reply, I'm not entirely sure what it is you are looking for but I can chat if that helps at all.
Just drop me a PM if you like! =)

17 minutes ago, Widget said:

Hi there! I’m super happy I stumbled across this post, because you pretty much described what l feel. It sounds like you might be biromantic (experiencing romantic, but not sexual, attraction to both men and women). I’m rather busy tonight - I have to prepare a speech (gross) - but if you’re still open to it, I’d love to send a PM your way tomorrow and discuss this. 

Welcome to AVEN!

I can empathize with your speech preparation and I hope that all goes well. I'm looking forward to receiving your PM tomorrow as I've been dying to discuss this. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond and put yourself out there, and I appreciate the welcoming!

Purple Wanderer

Same boat. I have a niggling doubt in the back of my mind

Oh my goodness, I’m so happy I found this. I feel the same way, I honestly struggle with finding girls more attractive than guys, but I don’t want any sort of same-sex relationship. I’m definitely not gay, because I’m not a sexual person. But my friends always call me the “pure bean,” and joke about me being confused and secretly something other than ace, and who knows? Maybe I’m grey-ace. But the day after I discovered asexuality, I began to doubt it, and I’m still not over that yet. 

wonderflonium

I can sympathize with your confusion - I didn't know I was asexual (or something in between) until a little less than a year ago, and I'm almost 29.  I knew I felt awkward in (my very, very few) relationships - like a fish out fo water -  but just figured it was from lack of experience or nerves.  I relied on movies and books and stories from friends to tell me what was supposed to be "normal" and how I was supposed to behave. Recognizing that I'm different from the "norm" helped, and finding these forums helped. I'm still trying to sort out exactly where I fit, and sometimes even here I feel like I'm maybe "not asexual enough" - if that makes sense. Feelings are tricky enough to figure out exactly when they're happening, but trying to reflect on a relationship that happened for six months 8 years ago to figure out if you felt sexual attraction is a minefield of self doubt. I stick with grey ace simply because that label seems to fit me best at the moment, but I certainly think about it a lot.

I'm totally open to a PM if you feel like chatting.   : )

I appreciate all your guys' input on this thread and I appreciate the support that comes with being unfamiliar together. Like.. I'm not alone in self-discovery. Which is obvious that I wouldn't be, but I couldn't ever really vision it until reading over similar stories and what have you. 

It's nice to have your feelings validated and empathized by others around the globe.

It's also making me self-reflect quite a bit which is always nice to attempt to get in touch with yourself. 

18 hours ago, xxFoxFaderxx said:

It's nice to have your feelings validated and empathized by others around the globe.

Preach!😁

I have to say, I am more in the boat of "I've never been interested in sex" and for the longest time I've never been interested in relationships either. So I grabbed onto the asexual label almost as soon as I heard it. I am pretty certain that I'm asexual and that knowing is a comfort but lately I've been craving a more intimate relationship than just my close friends, which as always satisfied in companionship I needed. I'm starting to toy with the idea that I might not be aromantic but bi- or homo-romantic. I definitely appreciate aesthetic beauty, leaning more to girls than to guys but I've always been content being by myself. 

Now, that I have started to crave a more committed relationship, I have never felt more isolated and confused. I don't know what triggered it and I don't even have a clue as to where to start. I wish I could crawl back into my solitary, hermit-friendly bubble but I can't shake this new desire. 

Anyway, it's not the same type of isolation or questioning you were talking about, wondering whether your asexual or demi/gray sexual. But I am also open to a PM chat if your interested.

Archived