If any romantics can clarify...

Dragilio

I would argue that the distinction isn't that important. If you think you feel romantically attracted to someone then tell them, but if not it's not something I would recommend putting a lot of thought into. (feel free to disregard my advice)

Hey thanks for all the replies! So if I am understanding correctly, you could have warm and fuzzy feelings and/or butterflies towards the other person/people and you would want to be around them all the time? And you would think of them a lot....and be sad when they aren't around I believe. That part sounds a little uncomfortable :3 it's not nice to feel sad!

I've heard that it feels like a fire that burns in your chest. Can anyone confirm?

12 hours ago, Dragilio said:

Hey thanks for all the replies! So if I am understanding correctly, you could have warm and fuzzy feelings and/or butterflies towards the other person/people and you would want to be around them all the time? And you would think of them a lot....and be sad when they aren't around I believe. That part sounds a little uncomfortable :3 it's not nice to feel sad!

I've heard that it feels like a fire that burns in your chest. Can anyone confirm?

Earlier I mentioned the movie Moulin Rouge. In that movie Christian, the guy, has never been in love before and so does not know what romantic love feels like. He becomes very attracted to the somewhat hypersexual Satine, but Christian is not so keen to rush in, but instead prefers the romantic route to love. They do end up having a sexual relationship (implied, not really shown) but the emphasis of the film is on the romantic bond that develops. Through the music we get a feel of the positive emotions associated with their intense love, and then later, again through the music in the main, we get to share in the suffering that their hearts go through as time and time again they are being forced apart. I will not spoil the ending for you but if you do want some insight into how absolutely wonderful and absolutely terrible romantic love can make you feel I do think the Moulin Rouge might be a good place to start

in the meantime briefly. Here Barry White shows what I am like when I am at my deepest and happiest in regards to my romantic attraction to my partner

And here Freddie shows just how painful it can be when I feel like my partner could take her romantic love from me

Archived