Confused

So i have a weird situation that i’m not sure about:

So i was in a relationship for a few months and at the end i was hurt really bad to the point where i was diagnosed with depression. I am doing much better but i’m still hurt from it. 

Now i feel that I am a straight man but after getting hurt I no longer want to be in a relationship. I feel like i have love to give but i don’t want to. 

Since i got hurt i have yet to feel any attraction to anyone or any desire to be in a relationship. I also have no desire to have sex anymore but i do masturbate. 

So my question is it wrong that I don’t want to love again and why don’t I have a desire to have sex or be with someone 

Hi NickR

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this rough time, but welcome to AVEN! I hope we can find a way to make you feel better (:

Usually asexuality isn't induced by a dramatic or traumatic event, however I wouldn't bid that this is always the case. I went through a mild traumatic event in my early teens, and while I was already showing signs of being asexual, I didn't know it officially at the time. Going through some private issues fed stress into my situation which added more relationship/sex-repulsed qualities into my asexual status.

After getting hurt it's totally common that you have become guarded about your own feelings. It's natural that you don't want give into your emotions anymore when feeling any form of attraction. After being diagnosed with depression, did you ever seek professional help? Because, even though it didn't completely heal my wounds, counselling helped me an immense amount when trying to deal with relationships and romance. It calmed me down and reminded me that there are still good people out there, it's just the matter of us running into the right person whether we find them sexually/romantically attractive or not.

It is definitely not wrong to say that you don't want to love again, I think it's nothing out of the ordinary to go through that thought process. However since having depression, perhaps something did shift inside of your brain to make it more asexual than before.

Please know that it's okay to be confused, and looking through this site will hopefully help you. It's a great, chill, informative support group (:

Best of luck!

Why would it be wrong to not do something you don't wanna do? As long as you're not endangering anyone, isn't it okay? 

As for why you don't want to anymore, Idk about you, but, before and after I was diagnosed, nothing interested me. I didn't desire to do anything, not even getting up from bed or eating. Now that I'm busy, it's easier. So try finding a hobby or something to keep you occupied? Or talk to a therapist? Go on a vacation? A change of scenery may help? Maybe. Idk. Sorry.