Other words for genderfluid/nonbinary?

Purple_Panda

When I first started looking at my gender again this time around, I was pretty sure I was FTM, but the therapist I've seen twice for help figuring my gender issues out seems pretty sure I'm genderfluid or nonbinary, though she isn't pushing me into using the terms or anything. I've kind of started to believing her now that I've thought about, but I'm still hesitant to put myself under those terms, even though I'm not quite sure why. I think it's a wording issue. 

My question is this: are there any other terms for genderfluid or nonbinary? I know that I'm okay being female most of the time, but sometimes I want to be male. I think I would be happy being both genders (female and male, like the Greek god Hermaphroditus) but I feel like I need to put a label to it and can't yet. 

Thank you for all your help. 

I know of genderqueer, intergender, and being androgynous, but otherwise I don't really know of anything else, but I'm sure there are other labels out there that might fit your identity, just don't feel rushed to find one. 

15 hours ago, Purple_Panda said:

I know that I'm okay being female most of the time, but sometimes I want to be male. I think I would be happy being both genders (female and male, like the Greek god Hermaphroditus) but I feel like I need to put a label to it and can't yet. 

This sounds like bi-gender to me. 

here are some more terms in case any seem like they fit for you:

https://nonbinary.miraheze.org/wiki/List_of_nonbinary_identities

Even here on aven there is a list, although it has a bunch of other stuff too:

HTH

Archived