Another Newbie Here

ocf2005

Hi Everyone,

I've known about this site for a while, but just now decided to sign up.

A little about me: I hetero-demisexual, single and in my late 30's; no kids (don't want my own); I have a dog that is my kid; I'm an introvert. I recently moved closer to my family, which puts me in a small town in Central Oregon, with what seems to be, no like-minded people and no Aces/Demi's. The closest group I've came across is in Portland, which is a few hours away. I have no issue with that during the late spring and summer, but it can be a tough drive during the winter.

I am not sure what else I should add, so if you have questions, just ask. I don't tend to be overly active with groups or forums that I am in, but I will be around.  

7 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

Welcome :cake::cake::cake:.

Their’s lots of support and advice here. Hope you enjoy it here. I would keep an eye on meet up mart for any meet ups near you.

https://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/61-united-states/

Thank you very much.

I will be browsing that section shortly. :)

Hey ofc2005

Welcome to AVEN! I hope you like it around here (:

I'm not from a very big or populated place either so it's nice having this online forum as an escape.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Thanks everyone!

I am in a couple FB groups for demi's/ace's, so I figured I would finally sign up here, since there's more opportunities to converse and meet others at various gatherings.

I've already browsed some of the how to's and what not to do's, but I still have a little bit more reading to do.

Have a good night, everyone. :)

Archived