Greetings

Purple Wanderer

Purple Wanderer

Hi, 

Long story short, twenty something... Male and confused as hell.     

Always just assumed I had a very very low sex drive... and have tried to force myself into it to keep partners happy etc resulting in much stress and frustration all around. Started being honest with myself  a couple of months ago.  Realised whilst I'm attracted to women, I have zero interest in sex.      

I'm here to get some perspective... and learn something!

Welcome! It’s never a good idea to force yourself to do something to make someone else happy, especially at your own expense. There’s always someone who will feel the same way, and maybe you’ll find a special someone on here.

chocolate-gran-marnier.jpg

Purple Wanderer

Thanks,  I always assumed that because I was attracted to women it couldn't possibly be Asexuality. Frustrating how much time and energy I spent in the past trying make things work

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Hey MrJ

Welcome to AVEN and the Ace gang (:

It's completely normal to mistaken low libido for asexuality. Low libido is having a low sex drive, asexuality is purely based on how we don't feel any attraction towards others in a sexual nature. Frustration is a natural discovery process, it's a pity most of us have to go through it but it's also lead all of us to this site! I hope you become enlightened through these forums.

Purple Wanderer

Thank you,   my eyes have already been opened to a lot of things on this site,  how much I have in common with alot of people!

Archived