Could my partner be asexual?

kpk

Hey everyone, I'm Chris and lately I've been wondering a lot about my girlfriend's (a)sexuality.

Me and my girlfriend are together for about 9 months as of now. We are both 18, and each others' first romantic partners. It's true both of us are the kind of people who really need to trust each other before letting them  get closer, what might normally be taking days or weeks in the "standard" (as if there's something like that) relationships, takes us months. But I'm still wondering about this. In the 9 months that we are together, we have never really even started talking about sex, she has never even mentioned anything closely related to it unless it was somehow suggested by the environment around - and she usually either ignores it or responds in a somewhat annoyed manner. Recently she was reading a book and was complaining that there are a lot of sexual scenes (and she loved the book except for these parts). Plus she seems like she doesn't enjoy too much physical contact in general, she's absolutely fine with it when we are hugging each other or kissing etc., but I have a feeling that she feels kinda uncomfortable even for example when we're lying in bed touching each other and I'm caressing her, in a way that's defitely not meant sexually.
I'm not saying it's anything bad, and I hope it doesn't sound like that (sorry if yes) - I just can't stop thinking about it and I wouldn't like to do anything wrong, something that might hurt her.

You need to talk to her about it, preferably outside any situation where sex might occur to minimise any pressure she might feel. Focus on listening and understanding her rather than putting your own side across first of all.

NerotheReaper

It is nice you care about her and what she is comfortable with. I would recommend talking to her about it, let her know you are there to listen to her. 

I hope it goes well 

Archived