Nice to meet you all!

Cell-Division

Cell-Division

I think I’ve finally come to terms with my sexuality—or lack there of haha

So I decided to join to learn more and maybe even help newer people someday!

So I guess my story would be something like,

Since I learned what sex was

(From a webster dictionary)

I was always disgusted by sex

I was about 10 years old.

I never got The Talk, my mom said I didn’t need it—-Either I was a good kid or she suspected IT from way back then.....

The first time I was able to learn about human physiology and *cough* sex

was during middle school.

I was homeschooled so when I was taking the health class and was really traumatized by the content I found a way to skip the whole class.

In high-school all my friends would tell me I’m asexual but I thought they were just screwing with me.

(I still didn’t consider it..)

Eventually I saw an adult video one time, I thought it was meh.

(I was still denying my sexuality—Still—-- EVEN LIKE THIS!)

Sometimes the videos are interesting (by interesting I mostly mean the plots, they can be hilarious to make fun of)

In college I have even less interest in guys than back in high-school, So I think my main interest in guys was brought on by peer pressure, all my friends were dating then—such lameos amirite

Yeah so, and I never dated all those years, one time I was really close to getting a bf but I backed out at the last second like the wimp I am.

Up until recently the only thing that kept me from coming out to myself was the difference between aesthetic attraction and sexual attraction

(example:Oh so looking at someones boobs DOESN’T mean you’re into girls ohhhh)

So now I realize that I’m just really into people’s fashion sense or how good looking they are

So now that I’ve accepted myself I’ve just been trying to figure out  if I’m actually polyromantic

tl;dr

Things I learned about myself over my lifetime:

• Asexual

•Really oblivious to—everything

•Everyone knows me more than me

•wayy too into people’s fashion choices

Hey there @Cell-Division! Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

Don’t beat yourself up about taking your time finding out and coming to terms with your sexuality! Sexuality is one tricky concept and seeing the lack of something is very difficult! And often confusing! 

Anyway, I hope you have fun connecting with people on this site and that it helps you! :cake:

Hello and welcome to AVEN! I'm glad you found us, and that you decided to join. I hope you enjoy the forums! :cake:

Hey Cell-Division

Welcome to AVEN!

It's great to hear that you are discovering your sexual orientation - or lack there of.

I agree with you, sometimes it can be a little difficult to distinguish the difference between aesthetic attraction and sexual attraction and female tatas are a fine example. I've never hated boobs, tbh I think boobs are great, but not in a sexual or touchy way. I would feel confused why I never liked them sexually even though I thought they were a beautiful feature on the female body. Then I was introduced to the different sort of attractions we feel as people.

Anyway, I hope you have a good time roaming this site!

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Welcome! It’s okay to be oblivious to these things, sometimes it helps when someone makes a disgusting joke and you don’t get it. chocolate-truffle-cake-dark-chocolate-ca

Archived