Hello!

Amanda_cbarros

Amanda_cbarros

Hi, my name is Amanda, I'm a 20 yo brazilian student. :)

I've always knew I was different, and I've been using the label "aroace" for some time, but... Recently, because of a break up with my best friend, I've never felt more alone. Like I'll never be happy, never find someone like me, because I'm just an aberration.

I wanted to be """normal""" so badly... I just wanted to love her back the way she wanted to be loved. But I can't. 

I hope seeing people like me will make me feel less depressed. 

Hi Amanda

Breaking up is awful and can make you feel like you are not enough, but you are. Sometimes there's just no way to fulfill other persons needs, even if you tried your absolute best. Luckily you've found a place with a lot of people who will understand you and prove that it is possible to find some one like you because we do exist. 

Hey Amanda!

Sorry to hear you were/are going through a tough time :c You are amazing just like you are, because you are yourself.

Hopefully you will have a great time around the forums! :cake:

(Also I love your profile pic and that reminds me that I need to see the movie still, haha)

Hi Amanda

Welcome to AVEN!

I'm sorry that you are feeling lonely at the moment, but loneliness is NOT forever! Cheesy quote to live by... "Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay then it's not the end." Don't let people tell you that being aro-ace is not "normal" it's simply uncommon, that is all. "Normal" is an attitude, a frame of mind, us on the asexual/aromantic spectrum are just part of the sexual minority. Everything will be okay in the end! In the mean time, just hold onto hope and you will meet the right people in due time (:

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Amanda_cbarros
10 hours ago, ev13 said:

Hi Amanda

Breaking up is awful and can make you feel like you are not enough, but you are. Sometimes there's just no way to fulfill other persons needs, even if you tried your absolute best. Luckily you've found a place with a lot of people who will understand you and prove that it is possible to find some one like you because we do exist. 

Thank you for the words :) I guess I know rationally that I couldn't give anything more than what I was already giving, but... I can't help but feel guilty. 

Amanda_cbarros
9 hours ago, Maks9090 said:

Hey Amanda!

Sorry to hear you were/are going through a tough time :c You are amazing just like you are, because you are yourself.

Hopefully you will have a great time around the forums! :cake:

(Also I love your profile pic and that reminds me that I need to see the movie still, haha)

Thank you :)) I needed those words right now. I hope that I have fun as well!

(And YOUR profile picture is just gorgeous! Yuri in that outfit is really pretty! And you shoul watch the movie, it's amazing.)

Amanda_cbarros
9 hours ago, Gldlynch said:

Hi Amanda

Welcome to AVEN!

I'm sorry that your are feeling lonely at the moment, but loneliness is NOT forever! Cheesy quote to live by... "Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay then it's not the end." Don't let people tell you that being aro-ace is not "normal" it's simply uncommon, that is all. "Normal" is an attitude, a frame of mind, us on the asexual/aromantic spectrum are just part of the sexual minority. Everything will be okay in the end! In the mean time, just hold onto hope and you will meet the right people in due time (:

Oh my god, thank you, I'm in such a state of mind thar I legit cried reading that. :') I hope so! 

Amanda_cbarros
3 hours ago, .Lia said:

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Thank you! I'm going to go through those links right now! :)

3 hours ago, Amanda_cbarros said:

Thank you for the words :) I guess I know rationally that I couldn't give anything more than what I was already giving, but... I can't help but feel guilty. 

There’s no need to feel guilty. It’s not your fault you don’t feel the same way, it’s not like you have a choice over how you feel, that’s just the way it worked out. It’s okay, you’ve got a whole community of people now, and we’ll support you no matter what :) 

56476cc2b7f254.58157922.jpg?width=910&he

Amanda_cbarros
1 hour ago, Lichley said:

There’s no need to feel guilty. It’s not your fault you don’t feel the same way, it’s not like you have a choice over how you feel, that’s just the way it worked out. It’s okay, you’ve got a whole community of people now, and we’ll support you no matter what :) 

56476cc2b7f254.58157922.jpg?width=910&he

:') thank you

Archived