Questions From a Therapist

CuriousCat7

Hello all! I am a therapist who is currently earning a Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and I'm doing a project in my Sexuality class on asexuality. I'm quite ignorant of what it means to identify as asexual, and the experiences that asexuals go through (the good, the bad, and the ugly). As someone who is also a minority in sexual orientation, I want to assure you that my questions come from a place of curiosity and respect, and everything shared is confidential. If anyone would like to reach out, I would greatly appreciate it :)

It’s great that you’re doing a project on asexuality and I hope you find people to give you the information you need. Everyone here has a story to tell and because asexuality is so varied there are bound to be different experiences to hear about. :) 

Being genderfluid my own experiences are maybe more complicated and it’s not always easy to know whether things are a result of my sense of gender or sexuality.

Welcome to AVEN. :cake:

What would you like to know? Everyone's experience is different and varied, so you should get a wide variety of responses! :)

I am a romantic asexual. Feel free to ask questions! (My PM is open!) If you're interested in discrimination I have dealt with, I can share.

I'm an open book toward any questions, whether on forum or PM.  My identity isn't 100% ironed out but demi-heteroromantic ace is what I identify closest with.

I'm asexual, 27 years old, and have plenty of experience dating sexual people and dealing with the complications that result from that.  I'm happy to answer any questions, even regarding intimate details.

I see a therapist (for non sex related reasons) and have greatly appreciated her acceptance and understanding with my asexuality, so I'd be honored to help out.  

Feel free to PM me!

If you still need feedback I'd be happy to try to help you out over PM

hopeisnotlost

I'm demisexual but I'm willing to help.You can ask me questions if you want if you are still asking them

awkward_one34

I'm a homo-demiromantic ace and I'd be happy to answer questions if you're still asking.

Thank you everyone for responding to my post!! I appreciate the warm welcome. I'm trying to DM everyone as quickly as possible. If you don't receive a message, feel free to DM me yourself. I REALLY want to hear your stories/ideas/feelings!!

Hello, I think it is great that you're resurching asexuality and I too don't mind answering questions. I am heteroromantic grey / demisexual woman. You can PM me, I'd be glad to be of some help.

I'd like to help out too, if I can ^_^ 

Assuming you need any more feedback, that is; it seems you've been inundated as it is :lol: 

Hello, if you're still looking to speak to more people please feel free to drop me a message! Will understand if you have enough responses though :)

I’m happy to help as well :) 

NotGojoSatoru

I would love to help as well. I am a 25 y.o. Aro Ace :) 

Platonic Underdog

Hi there, I'm both asexual and aromantic and am very much on the "nope, nope, hell to the no" end of both spectrums. Feel free to have a chat. But you may have to be patient if our time zones are not same 😅

AwkwardAxolotl

If the 23 people who already replied aren't a sufficiently large pool of asexual spectrum people, feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

It's great to hear that a therapist is interested in our stories because this is just getting into view, and many therapists haven't met aces yet. The ore understanding, the better for all. Count me in.

If your Masters hasn't been completed in the past month, feel free to send me a PM! I'm aro/ace, but enjoy physical affection and connection a whole lot. Bit of a confusing paradox in some ways, but I'm happy to answer any questions you might have!

If it is not too late, yes I can participate. Anyway good luck with your studies!

There are a lot of us out there, and as evidenced by the number of responses, many who would like to help you in your research.

I would feel more comfortable if you actually provided a method for potential participants to contact you.  Your post, without any contact method aside from replying to this thread, seems suspect to me.  And unprofessional.

winchester.kaz2y5

if you have any more questions I'm an ace, panromantic teenager. Feel free to PM

Archived