Hey there! I'm trying to see if forums work for me!

Dan9418

Hello everyone! My name is Dan and I started identifying as ace by the end of 2016, so fairly recently. At the begining I though that I could be pansexual or so because I didn´t like the idea of conditioning the kind of person I may be able to fall in love or find aesthetically attractive. I have a soft spot for androgynus people regardless of their sexuallity so I knew I couldn´t be 100% straight but I also fear that using this terms would make me a kind of Snowflake because I have only dated men so far, and being romantically attracted to them. For women I feel more of an a aesthetic attraction (so far) but like I tell you I don´t wanna rule out the idea of falling in love someday with a person of a different gender or sexuallity. I haven´t come out to my family but I don´t hide what I am on my social media, specially facebook where I share everything from post to memes on asexuality to try to educate my peers, and I talk about sexuality almost on a daily basis (not only asexuality but everything my friends feel like talking about). Regarding sex I feel pretty neutral like and could do it for a future significant other but it's so difficult for me to fall in love with someone that I feel I have to give up on the idea (I haven´t dated someone for 6 years and counting) so maybe~ it's because I need to start relationating with more people like me, maybe then I will find someone and that is pretty much why I am here now on aven! I'd like to know more about me, educate myself even farther about asexuality, enroll with the community and know cool people, so if you finish reading this essay drop by and say hi! ;)

Hey Dan

Welcome to AVEN! It's always great to have new members around here. Even though all us users are relatively anonymous to each other, this online community sets up a chill and informative support group.

How wonderful that you consider your love options boundless! It's a special quality to be open-minded when wanting to build relationships with other people whether it may be for platonic or intimate purposes. Asexuality is probably a minor within sexual minorities and it's really important to educate people. Even if they struggle to understand the concept of it, it's important to spread the word and create more positive visibility. Sounds like you are doing just that! (:

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Hi! thank you for your kind welcome! I know that as you said, forums are relatively anonymus but knowing people with shared similarities can make you feel at home and I know that aven is pretty healthy welcoming community and I'm excited for this :D

Hello!

Fellow AVEN newbie here (I just posted last night, actually). I definitely don't feel as comfortable talking about it as you do, but it also hasn't been nearly as long for me, so I'll probably get there eventually. Out of curiosity, how do people usually respond to your posts? Is it different than talking to them in person? It sounds like your friends are pretty accepting, which is awesome!

Also, this seems like a pretty good tradition, so I went and found some cake!

6342646262_f3212305be_o.jpg

Welcome! Hope I'm not too late to join in the welcome party, I bought more cake :) 

Purple-Ombre-Layer-Cake-4.jpg

10 hours ago, Susurrus said:

how do people usually respond to your posts? Is it different than talking to them in person?

Thank you so much for the cake! 

I have to accept that i'm kind of cheating since I don´t have close friends on facebook and I get little to no reaction, I want to believe that maybe it's because most of them are very accepting of LGBT+ regardless I feel like I have to make some visibility in my social media. Another thing that may help you and it's in fact what I do... I don´t talk about it from a personal perspective, I only talk about it as a concept I keep it relly cript it on that matter. All my girlfriends are very open minded and we talk about sexuality regularly and they know about me very well but I have only come out to two male friends one on the phone but we have´t talk about it again and another friend in real life because it's very easy to talk to him and he asked me about it and I told him about it. But yeah I don´t touch the subject in real life very often. If you wanna talk more regularly, contact me :D

Archived