Can two female asexuals date?

ayyysexual

I’m asexual (and a girl) and I know this other girl who is also asexual. I love her (but have no sexual interest in her) We constantly hug each other and we are pretty close, sometimes we hold hands but that’s as far as we go.

I’d like to ask her out but I remember this one situation before when a guy in our friend group liked her and she was upset because she needed to tell him that she was asexual and had no interest in him at all. Because of this I don’t think she has any desire to date anyone but i’m also not too sure.

I’ve never dated anyone before and I have no idea how to ask her out, but I really want to know if there’s any chance of us dating.

What should I do, how should I go about the situation?

(I should also add that I haven’t came out to anyone yet)

EDIT

How do I bring up the topic naturally in conversation though? like how would I ask her?

Sounds like you are both homoromantic. Just tell her how you feel and ask her. If she tells you she isn't interested then you can go back to being friends. 

Perhaps you should ask her if she's aromantic before asking her out? That way you don't even have to come out yourself if you don't want to. You can just say you were looking into asexuality since she came out to you and you came across the term and are curious or something.

3 hours ago, ayyysexual said:

...How do I bring up the topic naturally in conversation though? like how would I ask her?...

:) Hi. My first thought was, since Valentine's Day was recent, would it be possible to casually start off your conversation by mentioning Valentine's Day, what she thought of it, whether anyone else gave her gifts, etc.?

2 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

:) Hi. My first thought was, since Valentine's Day was recent, would it be possible to casually start off your conversation by mentioning Valentine's Day, what she thought of it, whether anyone else gave her gifts, etc.?

She doesn’t like valentine’s day, she doesn’t like talking about it at all :/

1 hour ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

I agree with @Baam I think generally bringing up Asexuality/Aromanticism would be a good way to see where you stand without coming out, if you don't want too. 

On a side not, Aromantic people can still be in relationships, Queer-Platonic. 

I just need a way to bring it up because we don’t really talk about our sexuality and I have zero way of bringing it up without it being awkward

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, gisiebob said:

be akward.

I was about to suggest the same thing, just in case you haven't already decided what to do. Sometimes straightforward, earnest, and honest is the best way, even when it's awkward. You know you're both asexual, you're really into her romantically, and if she'd like to you'd really enjoy going on a date with her. For me, "a date" was less pressure than "dating."

Here's hoping for good things!

Archived