Hello! Just trying to connect with people.

Aiden_M4

Hi, I'm 22 maybe aromantic asexual. I'm curious about this site and looking to connect too.

It's generic as anything so I'm fine. My name is Jenna. :) 

Uh lets see...I kinda stumbled into learning about being asexual. I never cared very much about relationships until highschool, but being weird in an overly nerdy sense and introverted I just thought that I may like people maaaybee. So basically I had one "relationship" where I thought I had feelings for someone and we had the most platonic relationship ever. After that I didn't really feel like rushing into another relationship but I did try another in college about 2 years ago. Same old song and dance but it did give some clues. After all in college people who want sex tend to put a little more pressure since everyone's an adult and there's more independence than high schools. Basically my ex-boyfriend, now friend was a very touchy kinda person and I'm not. After several months of hanging out semi-awkward attempts at intimacy, like thinking "oh he wants to hug, or hold hands" and feeling mildly uncomfortable with cuddly hugs and light kissing. Eventually we had a talk about the future and the expectation of more physical intimacy, I gave it my best shot at trying to be comfortable with that idea and couldn't do it. So we broke up but due to a friend mentioning it to me or coming across the term over the net I discovered more about it and here we are. I'm a-ok with it and now I like talking about it on a sociological and philosophical point of view.

Lucas Monteiro

Hello and welcome to AVEN. I see that both of you are new around here, but don't worry about people bashing or something, we are really open to everybody. 

Here, the traditional gift from the forum, a cake : 

ace_pride_cake_by_meralia-d6afglb.png

I totally understand that. I also had one girlfriend but I just felt confined and trapped. I felt like when she would cancel I wasn’t sad I was more relieved than anything. I felt like it was just very awkward for me.Its hard because I have jock friends and all

they care about is sex and it’s not even worth trying to explain things lol

Mmm High school and be pretty hard, in mine even though it was really tame in comparison to others, no overt bullying or sterotyping cliques; it still had a very bubbly atmosphere. Everyone was expected to have a relationship with someone, 90% being heterosexual. Mostly an affluent white, Christian majority population. I would say I had a pleasant high school life but it never occurred to me that I was anything other than the "norm". Funnily enough the majority of my close friends now identify with the LGBTQA community. 

Lucas Monteiro
14 minutes ago, Aiden_M4 said:

Wow i feel welcomed, and looks delicious by the way 

Good to know :D. And this one represents the Ace of Hearts, that in the asexual community is a slang for someone who is romantic asexual.

Lucas Monteiro
12 minutes ago, jnangians said:

Mmm High school and be pretty hard, in mine even though it was really tame in comparison to others, no overt bullying or sterotyping cliques; it still had a very bubbly atmosphere. Everyone was expected to have a relationship with someone, 90% being heterosexual. Mostly an affluent white, Christian majority population. I would say I had a pleasant high school life but it never occurred to me that I was anything other than the "norm". Funnily enough the majority of my close friends now identify with the LGBTQA community. 

I know how you feel, high school can be really hard. I never thought I was different from the "norm", but it's truly funny, when we don't perceive something on our own way, sometimes it appears situations that push us to the point to look at them and see how much we didn't even knew ourselves. They can be good or bad experiences, but at the end we are here, and that's what matters. Someone who found himself, found a treasure for life.

By the way, you could create a post on the Welcome Lounge about yourself too.

Just now, Aiden_M4 said:

I think I did? Lol and have I made a club?

si

ha well if you're feeling adventurous you could always try to talk about it with people you trust. I've had a few conversations with classmates from college when conversations have naturally wandered down that way and they've been a lot of fun. Most people just don't know about it at all, haven't even heard the term so it can be fun to talk about it.

Hahah yea I have talked to people I trust about it and they accept me thankfully. It’s just been hard because I’m worried a girl will advance on me and I won’t know how to explain aromanticism to them and they will think I’m a freak.

Well, you could always just turn them down in the usual way. That way they accept the situation and you don't have to explain yourself if you don't want to. 

Or you could do what I did and be so scary that nobody comes near you. JK, don't do that. If you do tell them what aromanticism is and they think you are a freak, then they obviously were not somebody that was needed in your life. You totally deserve better. 

Fun! Well I have work tomorrow so I shall sign off for today and try to log on tomorrow. Night, :) 

Welcome! Hope I'm not too late to the party, but I brought some more cake :P 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived