What do I do about my Lithromantic ways?

Aiden_M4

Hello everyone I’m new to this site and I just wanted to say hi. My name is Aiden Martinez and I’m 17,I’m struggling with something pretty complicated. I feel like I like woman and I’m attracted to women,but yet I feel no interest to  go out of my way to find them, I don’t feel the need. Also I feel uncomfortable when intimacy is advanced on me which is odd because I should be welcoming it. I feel like I form these very powerful emotions for someone then when it comes down to it I just don’t follow through and I completely retract,almost like my feelings turn to the exact opposite. I’ve looked on the internet and they say this is called being lithromantic. I feel like I’m always In a tug of war with my mind, and it’s terrible. I really think something is wrong with me. If I could get insight,help and feedback that be great. Also id like to submerge myself in the culture haha.

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

purplepassion

Hi, Aiden! I'm also new here, joined just a few minutes ago. I've just recently realized my (a)sexual orientation, and to think that I'm already 41 :D so I think you should consider yourself fortunate for realizing it sooner :) I think there's nothing really wrong with you. It's a preference that not everyone will understand so being a part of this community is a blessing coz you'll get to meet people who will understand and will be able to help you. Good luck!

purplepassion

Take your time ;) The journey towards self discovery is never easy but I'm sure you'll get there :)  

purplepassion

I would call you uniquely special :) That's what we are ;)  so don't be too hard on yourself ;) I know it's a bit confusing right now but as you meet more like- minded people here I'm sure you'll feel better about yourself. If there are meet ups or get-togethers in your area it might help if you join them :)

Hi Aiden!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with being Lithromantic. In all honesty, I haven't found a way to cope with it quite yet! I've been dealing with it my entire life (I'm 21, and only realized I was asexual last year and Lithromantic this year!) but I think there's hope for us still!

In Grade Four, when I was ten years old, I actually had a successful and fulfilling relationship! It lasted four months (insane for being ten years old, but it was truly special!) and I actually consistently was excited to be with that person, had butterflies, and truly was head over heels for them despite them liking me back. To be fair, I oddly ended the relationship because I was bored and I was very cold and cruel with how I ended things. I'm wondering why from that point on I've been unable to avoid my Lithromantic tendencies.

Anyways, just know that there is a chance something could click with someone! Out of the many failed relationships/crushes, one of them didn't trigger a Lithromantic reaction, so I think there's hope 😊

On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 9:20 PM, Aiden_M4 said:

Hello everyone I’m new to this site and I just wanted to say hi. My name is Aiden Martinez and I’m 17,I’m struggling with something pretty complicated. I feel like I like woman and I’m attracted to women,but yet I feel no interest to  go out of my way to find them, I don’t feel the need. Also I feel uncomfortable when intimacy is advanced on me which is odd because I should be welcoming it. I feel like I form these very powerful emotions for someone then when it comes down to it I just don’t follow through and I completely retract,almost like my feelings turn to the exact opposite. I’ve looked on the internet and they say this is called being lithromantic. I really think something is wrong with me.

Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING is wrong with you. As I'm sure your research has indicated, lithromantic (in a nutshell) means you feel romantic attraction, but when they love you back, you want to bolt. That's how I am. What I do is just chill for a second. I know I'm hardly going to "die alone" or anything because I have friends and family who love and accept me. If I never find someone to love romantically, then I don't. And that's okay. Just work on finding and loving yourself. Romantic love isn't the only kind of love there is. And it's definitely not the most important. 

Archived