So hey unaccepting parents???

heythereimhumanto

heythereimhumanto

Um I’m currently I dentified as demisexual(which may be incorrect I’m questioning if I’m completely asexual or not). But my parents have openly spoken about how asexuality isn’t valid and that it doesn’t exist. Now I’m not out to them but they accept my being lesbian,(which I told them because they don’t know what gyneromantic means)I really want to stop having to hide this but I don’t know how. I’m terrified they won’t accept me or tell me I’m invalid. Help????

Being honest is the only way forward, as long as you can accept who you are, they will do eventually, if they don't, I wouldn't worry too much, my mother puts up with it, my father and his side of the family believe I'm gay and a letdown to the family and have nothing to do with me, my sister thinks I'm gay too and doesn't really have much to do with me either, but my friends, they all accept me for who I am, you can choose your friends, you can't choose your family 

With all of that said, I come from a totally dysfunctional background, homophobia, racism, judgemental hypocrisy, not all families are as bad, and, if I'm honest, their thoughts and beliefs have done me a huge favour in getting them out of my life 

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived