• No
    • Don't know
  2. 2. If yes, did you enjoy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • It was okay
    • Meh
    • I never ate them
  3. 3. If no, would you like to try eating faggots?

• Yes
    • No
    • I've already tried them

This poll is closed to new votes

I personally have eaten faggots before, however I don't eat meat so I wouldn't eat them ever again, I wasn't too fond of them anyway and the ingredients aren't very pleasant

For those who don't know

Faggots are a traditional dish in the UK,[1][2] especially South and Mid Wales and the Midlands of England.[3][4][5] It is made from meat off-cuts and offal, especially pork.[3] A faggot is traditionally made from pig's heart, liver and fatty belly meat or bacon minced together, with herbs added for flavouring and sometimes bread crumbs.

Commonly, the faggot consists of minced pork liver and heart, wrapped in bacon, with onion and breadcrumbs. Often, the faggot is cooked in a crock with gravy and served with peas and mashed potato. The mixture is shaped by hand into small balls, wrapped with caul fat (the omentum membrane from the pig's abdomen), and baked. Faggots may also be made with beef.[8]

Another variation of faggot is pig's fry (testicles) wrapped in pig's caul: the pig's fry and boiled onions are minced (ground) together, then mixed with breadcrumbs or cold boiled potatoes, seasoned with sage, mixed herbs and pepper, all beaten together and then wrapped in small pieces of caul to form a ball. They are then baked in the oven and are usually served cold

Images of Faggots:

Spoiler

Faggots-and-gravy.jpg

800px-Loz_f_cooking.png

Important: Faggots are not meatballs

I'm vegetarian and didn't eat pork even back when I did eat meat, so I don't really have much interest in that kind of dish. To each their own though :P 

You might want to clarify your title a bit. I thought you were referring to something very different.

6 minutes ago, fuzzipueo said:

You might want to clarify your title a bit. I thought you were referring to something very different.

I was just thinking: I am vegetarian and aromantic asexual so NOPE on all interpertations

This is something right out of Monty Python. You realize of course the Yankee translation is "did you ever have oral sex with a homosexual?". Then again we Yanks never can understand British humor. We take ourselves far too seriously. No, I have never eaten a faggot one way or the other. Maybe some day I'll try haggis. Until then I'll stick to liver sausage occasionally. The only thing one can't eat from a pig is its oink. The only thing I won't eat from a pig is chitterlings. These are its small intestines. The smell is what probably deters me. Of course traditional sausage casings are often made from the outer membrane but things have been deodorized sufficiently to allow me to enjoy it. Have never eaten hog testicles but do remember when brains were offered. No more, probably because of concerns of prions and Mad Cow Disease. Still, something so rich in fats and proteins would make a perfect meal for someone who has had a ketogenic diet for decades. Then again, would I really want to eat a pig's dreams? 

Rare Aztec Whstling Chickn

I heard about them a while back, and I would actually give it a crack.

Rare Aztec Whstling Chickn
1 minute ago, Yeast said:

This is something right out of Monty Python. You realize of course the Yankee translation is "did you ever have oral sex with a homosexual?". Then again we Yanks never can understand British humor. We take ourselves far too seriously. No, I have never eaten a faggot one way or the other. Maybe some day I'll try haggis. Until then I'll stick to liver sausage occasionally. The only thing one can't eat from a pig is its oink. The only thing I won't eat from a pig is chitterlings. These are its small intestines. The smell is what probably deters me. Of course traditional sausage casings are often made from the outer membrane but things have been deodorized sufficiently to allow me to enjoy it. Have never eaten hog testicles but do remember when brains were offered. No more, probably because of concerns of prions and Mad Cow Disease. Still, something so rich in fats and proteins would make a perfect meal for someone who has had a ketogenic diet for decades. Then again, would I really want to eat a pig's dreams? 

This reminds me of that time I told aven chat a couple months ago that I had my first golden gaytime. *coughs*

I find this incredibly entertaining. I like to think that my humor is quite British and that's why nobody laughs at my jokes in America - they never realize I'm joking.

I have a masters degree in meat science and I never heard of a faggot until just now.  Eating hot testicles?  come on...people really don't do that, do they?  One of our small ranching towns has an annual "testicle festival" where everyone gets together after castrating their calves and eats bull fries.  

Mr Brain's Faggots, with rich gravy, spuds and veg, nomnom. 

In some areas lamb's testicles are a delicacy as well. 

I tend to avoid things with a larger amounts of liver.. not a liver fan.. (I have never tried them..) 

Oh dear.

Gah, you England-folk and your organ-eating ways. :P I'd try it just to say I did. Who knows? Might be good. 

Good post, well done meme, and is that a chibi Amaterasu as your profile? Erring toward replaying Okami now.

1 hour ago, Skycaptain said:

In some areas lamb's testicles are a delicacy as well. 

We call them Rocky Mountain Oysters:D (taste like chewy  fried chicken)

42 minutes ago, Muledeer said:

We call them Rocky Mountain Oysters:D (taste like chewy  fried chicken)

Chicken nuggets? :P

2 hours ago, Polygon said:

Gah, you England-folk and your organ-eating ways. :P I'd try it just to say I did. Who knows? Might be good. 

All food comes from an organ-ism:P (with the possible exception of the former British Rail sandwiches:P

But you have to be careful, eating faggots, and eating organs in general can give you an organ-asm :P:P

Reminds me of head cheese. Most certainly would not want to eat either. Besides, I'm trying to stay away from pork.

9 minutes ago, SkyWorld said:

Reminds me of head cheese. Most certainly would not want to eat either. Besides, I'm trying to stay away from pork.

Organzola :P

And wise not making a pig of yourself :P

Click bait. Never heard of them. I only know the full version of the word as a horrible slur or an archaic word to mean a bundle of sticks. The short version I know as a cigarette. I’m a vegetarian so I wouldn’t eat that.

Never had faggots, but was always under the impression it was more of a weird vegitable instead of meat based so due to finding out the truth means I am willing to try it.

Also @Yeast and @Tanwen, I would recommend Haggis with Neeps and Tatties (Turnip anf Potatoes) or stuffed into a chicken which is wrapped in bacon with either a whiskey or peppercorn sauce poured over it (Chicken Balmoral).

Don't forget, you have to eat two to know you're not a faggot lover.  If you eat the first one and don't like it, it might just be because that faggot wasn't any good.  

2 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

Are you invalidating faggots? 

I am just invalidating people that say they don't like eating faggot.  You can't really say you don't like something if you don't know for sure. 

Archived