Hello!!

dolphinstookmystardust

dolphinstookmystardust

Hi!! My name is Amy and I'm mostly certain but still slightly questioning. I know for certain that I am pansexual/romantic but I'm starting to question whether or not I'm a grey ace.  

I've never really understood the whole hype around gay/straight but I guess that's because I am attracted to everyone?? 

Growing up, my uncle is gay so I've always been around the LGBT+ community however it never really licked that my uncles were "different" until around year 7. I remember I was coming home from a dinner at my Grandma's house (probably for a family birthday or something) and suddenly something in my mind flipped and I was like "oh my god, Uncle Jim is gay?" and I didn't really think too much about it cause it was just the way I had grown up, there was never any big deal around them being together, they just were. 

I remember in year 8/9 (I'm in year 11 now) I was already questioning my sexuality, I was sure that I was at least bisexual, and then my friend came out a pan. I, at the time, had no idea what pansexuality was and so I decided to look into it and I started to realise that I was pansexual. Wen my friend came out, my other friends started making fun of her "haha you like pans?" and all that jazz so I just didn't come out, even to her. After a while I started looking into asexuality and what it meant and started questioning again. At this time I started looking into grey asexuality and started to identify more and more with it the more I read. Then I was following an asexuality blog and they said that they didn't see the point of grey aces and that we were just 'normal people' and so I sorta just put the thought to he back of my mind and it's only just come back now because I started following more lgbt+ accounts that validated my identity and made me feel better but I still have a lot of anxiety regarding my identity (even if I hide it 99% of the time) and trying to figure out myself and balance the rest of my life.

Anyway yeah I know I have a pretty great background so this probably just seems stupid but yeah I just needed a place to sorta just let stuff out <3

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Welcome! The reason greysexuality came about is because asexual used to be a term for "little to no sexuality" and people wanted a different work for "rarely if ever feels sexual attraction" and it basically is the grey zone between asexuality and allosexuality (sexuals). So, if you feel like you come between asexuality and allosexuality then you can call yourself grey ace :) 

pancakecake.png

Have a pancake cake :) 

Archived