Sooo.....

LostInThought

LostInThought

I started seeing a fellow potential ace. It's been interesting to say the least. She's awesome and we match up real well from our personalities and interests to what kind of sexual activity we would expect/accept in the future if we decide to commit. Having that understanding ahead of time has made this so enjoyable as I know I won't be disappointing her.

Unfortunately, the age difference is... significant. She doesn't care about age and getting to know her, I've warmed to the idea, but we know societal expectations are against us. As such, we both acknowledge there is little possibility we will last in the long run. But for now, just spending time together, enjoying getting to know each other.  I'm her first ace as well, and we're both still figuring out our aceness, so it's been a new experience for both of us.  Definitely interesting though.  A bit scary, but I've never felt so comfortable in terms of sexual expectations.  Interesting... is all I can say lol.

Age is just a number and almost all relationships are unconventional in at least some way.  All that matters is that you jive well enough together to want to stay together.

Hi LostInThought

I 100% agree with @Philip027. I know it's extremely cliché to say "age is just a number" but this is because it is the truth. Your happiness and your partner's happiness is the most important part. As long as you are both mutually comfortable with your sexual expectations and chemistry, it should not matter how society judges it.

Best of luck!

I'm not sure which one is older/younger, but it is kinda common here. Really good friends of mine are beautiful. One if nearly 60 and other is in 30s. All I can say is I've never seen such a beautiful family. (even I'm usually kinda sceptic about 'family' and 'relationship')

Other ones I know is 60s and 30s, others are 50s and 30s...etc. 

As long as both of you guys are happy, nobody can disturb you. 

As long as the younger of the two of you is still above legal age, and as long as there is no significant power imbalance in the relationship, y'all are good to go.

Best of luck to you both! =)

LostInThought

Yeah perfectly legal, and the age difference is lower than the examples mentioned by Falcon7.  She actually began to express interest before I did, so definitely no imbalance of power.  But still... not sure.

We're both in certain stages in our lives, and we decided to take things real slow, not even think about relationships or commitment until we're both past these particular stages in our lives.  So nothing to worry about for the moment.  But it's tough.

She really is awesome though :D

If both of you are happy and supportive of each other, then don't worry about what others think. Many people casting judgement on you are miserable and/or insecure within themselves. If you two feel fulfilled and satisfied, then celebrate what you have, and dispense of the opinions of those that don't share your happiness.

Being in a caring relationship with somebody "significantly" younger or older is really no big deal.

There are plenty of worse things than happen in the world. If people are going to nitpick over something that you're doing for the right reasons, then the issue lies with them

Archived