Your children

James121

3 minutes ago, James121 said:

Does anyone asexual have any children who also appear like they are going to be asexual?

To answer the reverse of your question: When I came out as ace to my mom and when I explained it, she said she thinks she might be ace too.

1 minute ago, Beaver Boy said:

To answer the reverse of your question: When I came out as ace to my mom and when I explained it, she said she thinks she might be ace too.

I don’t have children but can also answer in reverse: While I figured out a while ago that I’m not actually ace, I did come out to my mom many years ago. She learned everything she could and if she cared about her own identity at all, I believe she would be asexual. (But like me now, she doesn’t. She knows she likes men and doesn’t have a libido and doesn’t care to date. That’s all she needs to know and it’s no one else’s business.)

• 3 months later...

My daughter started talking about it around a year ago. Six months ago she came out to me, and that prompted me to realised

what it was that I struggled to name all my life. On one hand it wasn't a big deal because it was something very familiar, something I've accepted about myself living

in a sexualized world, and having sexual relationships. But on the other hand having a label helped a lot to clarify my feelings and having this in common with my daughter is a gift :)

I have a daughter, but it's too early to say... she's definitely not aromantic :) - she told me that she's probably biromantic and I get stories about her crushes pretty much daily... 

• 2 months later...

my youngest son might be  on the asexual scale  and my oldest came out as homosexual over ten years ago & my middle son ,not a clue  (love them all the same)

• 2 weeks later...

I've talked about being ace with my mom and she has said that if she was born recently she would identify as asexual as well!

Archived