Methods to show your sexuality???

A shard of glass

A shard of glass

So I mentioned in a thread that I was wondering if there's a such thing as a grey ace ring or something like that.

I realised that there's a black ring for ace people (which I think is super cool by the way), and there's a lot of ways that various sexualities like to display their orientation... But I can't remember seeing anything about a demi ring or a grey ace ring???

I know that this is probably totally pointless and borderline unhelpful as a thread, but I was just wondering about it :P

I personally would welcome the idea of a demi ring, and I would wear one, because why not? I've always wondered what wearing a ring would be like, but in all honesty, I'm unlikely to wear any kind of ring other than a demi ring XD (yes, this is me being me here)

Any thoughts from others?

-BW

Well, it's quite rare to see someone wear an ace ring in the first place, so we don't have rings for the different parts of the asexual spectrum, but rather the one black ring on the right middle finger in order to represent that you're on the ace-spectrum. You can make a Demi/grey ring if you like, but I recommend that you make enough of it black that it can also be recognised as an ace ring as well. Maybe black and grey stripes? Or a coloured stone?

Cool, so you have created the thread!

Well it's just an idea, but easiest way is a grey ring instead? Or grey and black. It's easy for other ace fellows to recognise.

I have been wondering about this as well!

Thanks for this thread.

A shard of glass

I do like the idea of the black ring, but since you said that it just means "on the ace spectrum" I guess that Demi people like me count :ooo I may have to get one then :P

A shard of glass
18 hours ago, Lichley said:

Well, it's quite rare to see someone wear an ace ring in the first place, so we don't have rings for the different parts of the asexual spectrum, but rather the one black ring on the right middle finger in order to represent that you're on the ace-spectrum. You can make a Demi/grey ring if you like, but I recommend that you make enough of it black that it can also be recognised as an ace ring as well. Maybe black and grey stripes? Or a coloured stone?

I wanted to make a special mention for @Lichley for their information on this :) I'll probably just get a black ring without all the extra effort of grey stripes or stones (since stones are generally very expensive :c)

StreetlightDawn

I currently wear a black ring, but it's thin enough that I've thought of stacking it with a purple one (ace pride), but you could wear a black ring and a grey ring?  Just a thought.  Honestly, I feel like the rings are so uncommon that wearing them is mostly because it's significant to you. So do and wear whatever makes you happy!

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
20 hours ago, Baggage_warrior said:

So I mentioned in a thread that I was wondering if there's a such thing as a grey ace ring or something like that.

I realised that there's a black ring for ace people (which I think is super cool by the way), and there's a lot of ways that various sexualities like to display their orientation... But I can't remember seeing anything about a demi ring or a grey ace ring???

I know that this is probably totally pointless and borderline unhelpful as a thread, but I was just wondering about it :P

I personally would welcome the idea of a demi ring, and I would wear one, because why not? I've always wondered what wearing a ring would be like, but in all honesty, I'm unlikely to wear any kind of ring other than a demi ring XD (yes, this is me being me here)

Any thoughts from others?

-BW

I'd love to have more specific demi pride accessoires too but since there aren't any, I'm pretty fine using basic ace items atm. There's not much difference in the colors anyway. I'm actually pretty happy with a wearing a black ring (even if I need to get a new one) and my custom made demigrey bracelet for now.

Archived