Squishes and crushes?

Lgbt questioning

Lgbt questioning

Hi so I was just wondering if you are able to have squishes towards a person of the same gender but still be romantically attracted to someone of the opposite gender? Just asking coz I'm trying to differentiate whether I have a squish or a crush on a girl while still having a crush on a guy

The vast majority of people can have squishes on anyone. It has nothing to do with your romantic orientation. For example, I am sexually attracted to women, romantically attracted to no one, and normally have squishes on men but also experience platonic attraction to women as well.

Hey Lgbt questioning

My understanding is that 'crushes' are romantic interests and 'squishes' a platonic interests. Imo, 'squishes' are more like the people who you strongly desire to be friends with or to become close with, just not in a romantic sense, therefore I think it's 100% normal to develop squishes on anyone around you regardless of their gender. 'Crushes' are linked to your romantic orientation which is where the hetero/homo/bi/pan/poly/aro business comes flooding in.

NerotheReaper

I like to use this cartoon to help explain the different types of attraction one may experience:

zlo2z.jpg

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
On 14.2.2018 at 5:03 PM, NerotheReaper said:

I like to use this cartoon to help explain the different types of attraction one may experience:

zlo2z.jpg

I still totally love this graphic explanation :wub: It helped so much to finally get a clue about it back at the very beginning :D 

Archived