am i a demigirl?

fiver

after finally realizing the extent of my sexual and romantic orientations (biromantic asexual) i've been thinking about gender lately. this is something that's kinda been in and out of my head for about a year, but i'm really considering it now. up until now, i've identified as a cis girl and used only female pronouns, but i was thinking, i wouldn't mind (and might like) using male pronouns, too (not quite sure about they/them pronouns, though).  i don't identify as a boy at all, or want to be one. i'm feminine, i LIKE being feminine, and i like female pronouns. but the thing is, i've never understood everyone else's strong connection to their gender. like, there's some association with "female" there with me, but it isn't strong at all. i can't really define or identify gender within myself, and i've been thinking that maybe that's because i don't have a full connection with it. gender doesn't feel like anything to me, if that makes sense. so, i've been wondering: am i possibly a demigirl?

Hi fiver

Welcome to AVEN!

It's great to hear that you've discovered yourself in terms of sexual and romantic orientation. As to gender identity, I'm no expert in this arena, but you could definitely be a demigirl - however perhaps you may be a genderflux cis? Genderflux is when you essentially identify as cis, but the intensity of your femininity fluctuates. Remember, there's no need to hasten yourself into a label. Just be you and confident!

butterflydreams
4 hours ago, fiver said:

i don't identify as a boy at all, or want to be one. i'm feminine, i LIKE being feminine, and i like female pronouns. but the thing is, i've never understood everyone else's strong connection to their gender

Most people don’t have a strong connection to their gender, it just is. If there’s no dissonance, they’re most likely cis. There’s nothing wrong with that at all. If you like being feminine, having female pronouns, etc etc, you’re probably cis. Though there’s nothing wrong with exploring your varying levels of femininity, but it wouldn’t really change your gender. Most people have varying levels of masculinity and femininity.

Archived