Beaches!

TRexPhilbo

Beaches! I’m curious: How many of you enjoy the beach? Who do you go with? How often do you go? Ever been to a nudey one? Would you go? What do you tend to do at the beach?

I love the beach! I tend to go walking alone or with my family quite a bit given that I live on the coast. I’ve never been to a nudey beach, but I’d like to once to try it out. 

Hey Philbo Penten

I've never been to a nude beach, but one day I want to. People at nude beaches seem so relaxed and confident with their bodies, I'm so envious. But swimming at a nude beach, is that just an excuse to skinny dip without being "caught" because everyone's basically watching? Lmao idk.

Although I really haven't been in a long time, and the last few times were to go fishing, and to be honest, that being said, surfers are usually good for nothing but target practice with the biggest piece of lead you can get, I must brag.

These are some of the area's i've lived in:

mooloolaba.jpg?action=thumbnail&width=15

Maroochydore-29801.jpg

43cb4c7b89df8f4ba1dc97382e8bc15a.jpeg?re

189760_home_hero.jpg?1423040222

Point-Arkwright-000255-Original.jpg

22 minutes ago, Una Salus Victus said:

Although I really haven't been in a long time, and the last few times were to go fishing, and to be honest, that being said, surfers are usually good for nothing but target practice with the biggest piece of lead you can get, I must brag.

These are some of the area's i've lived in:

Hide contents

mooloolaba.jpg?action=thumbnail&width=15

Maroochydore-29801.jpg

43cb4c7b89df8f4ba1dc97382e8bc15a.jpeg?re

189760_home_hero.jpg?1423040222

Point-Arkwright-000255-Original.jpg

Beautiful beaches! :o 

I really like beaches as long as they're peaceful and there's no one around!! I'll show some pictures of the beaches where I've lived but they're big so I'll spoiler them like Una did :)

Spoiler

3040.jpg

Here's an image of one of the beaches where I live, not a lot of sand to sit down on, but fortunately there's also not many people :P

These next shots are the beaches where I used to live, with a lot more sand and still no people :D

Kohaihai-River-Mouth_Karamea.jpg

motukiekie-beach-sunrise-new-zealand-large1.jpg

NPM_2738_Scotts-Beach-675x450.jpg

336.jpg

Wow so many beautiful places! 

vastervik_r6b5654_2-85998df175e341aa3d4b

image.aspx?ImageId=4026101

101179262.jpg

image.aspx?ImageId=3113442

Love this topic!! So many stunning places...can't believe those places do exist! 

Well, yes I love the beach, too. I just throw my shoes over my sholder and walk alone in the early evening - it is the best. ( especially when I have a beer in my hand!) 

I love the beach/ocean more than anything! So it's not ideal that I live in a desert haha. But when I do get to go to one, I usually go alone or with my family. I especially love going in the morning before there's too many people, or when it's raining. 

From when I was in Salem in Massachusetts ♥︎

Spoiler

IMG_1628.jpg

I grew up biking distance from the beach, and my dad's side almost universally has some sailing experience, so I quite enjoy being around the ocean. :) Honestly, my sense of nostalgia/homesickness is very strongly built on oceanic imagery. You can smell the ocean from my childhood home.

That said, navigating gender dysphoria in beach environments definitely made me less appreciative of actively swimming in the water up until recently. My long hair did not take to salt water well, and I hated the aftercare. Swimsuits gave me dysphoria, so I often wore t-shirts and swim trunks on top of the regular bathing suit items and avoiding swimming in part to avoid taking off the shirt. Now that my hair is short and my chest is flat though, swimming in the ocean is goddamn rad, and I just have such a nice time whenever I'm in the ocean. It's nice enjoying being in the ocean now as opposed to just enjoying being on/near the ocean (sailing/going to the beach without swimming).

Yes I love the beach. My whole life I've lived 20-30 miles from the beach so my family and I would go there all the time. I don't really like swimming at the beach anymore; a combination of thalassophobia and not wanting my hair to get wet lol. However I still love walking along the beach and just breathing in the ocean air.

On 2/11/2018 at 4:08 AM, Philbo Penten said:

Beaches! I’m curious: How many of you enjoy the beach? Who do you go with? How often do you go? Ever been to a nudey one? Would you go? What do you tend to do at the beach?

I typically go with friends when at beaches. Make it a day event, picnic included.

I haven't gone in a couple years. I love those crystal clear water beaches in tropical countries. That almost off white sand. There is just no comparison.

I would not want to be around a lot of naked people. Especially not friendly and chatty naked people.

Clothing is practical, anyway. Especially with sand on the beach.

I picnic, swim and love playing sports like soccer or volley ball.

• 2 weeks later...

for a long time i have been looking for perfect beach wear swim wears, i did found a triangle set but didnt found it cozy enough. Rather one piece is a good idea to have one. Have got a nice pinkish one piece with decent discount form Cupshe coupons at reecoupons . they are as fashionable as comfortable

Beaches are great, one of the reasons I wanted to move to the north, was because the north (of Germany) has beaches :D .. 

surprisingly, I don't actually go to the beach that often... I go to the beach when I visit my parents, because they live right near a beach, but rarely when I'm not visiting them, because even though the beach is at a distance that you can get to without having to stay the night somewhere, and I can get there without paying for a train ticket (I have a pass thing that I have to pay for every semester, that allows me to go most places in the state with the train without paying for a ticket)... it's still a bit far... The beach is just under 2h with a train away.. :( 

At the beach I tend to either, walk along the beach, collect sea shells or build sand sculptures... 

sand sculpture: 

Spoiler

5OEJDi1.jpg

I like beaches (and sand castles/sand sculptures), but I don't swim, burn easily, and don't like crowds, so I prefer quiet deserted beaches when the weather isn't too warm and it's either cloudy or there is plenty of shade available. Lots of great pics!

I love beaches and being at the sea! I don't live near the sea right now but there are a whole lot of huge lakes with small beaches in my town so it's all good for me. :) And some of them are nudist beaches because Germany. I sometimes visit one but I don't strip down. 

• 2 weeks later...
Grumpy Alien

I’ve never liked the beach at all. I grew up about 10 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean and spent most days as a kid at the beach during the summer. No thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

The beach is one of my favourite places to go. The nearest beach to me is about half an hour away and it's amazing. You walk through a big bit of woodland to get to the actual beach itself so it's amazing if you like nature walks

I live in Florida and i am surrounded by beaches. LOVE them. Wish I could afford to buy one or two. I would live on a beach 24-7 if I could.

I've never been to a beach on an ocean, so I've no idea how I feel about those, but I do enjoy the beaches along the shores of the Great Lakes, especially the rocky shores of Lake Superior. Lake Michigan's beaches are nice, too, but (at least to me) less overtly impressive.

I'm not a strong swimmer, so I wouldn't try to swim at any beach, and therefore I'm mainly interested in the scenery. The less people around, the better.

Archived