How many languages do you know?

DarkShadow005

I am jealous as to how many languages others know. I guess that is one of the many downsides to being an American, learning few languages.

However I am trying to learn them!

1. English (Native)

2. German (not very high, but I am impressed by what I can read)

I am planning on learning an intensive Arabic program in less than a year and really looking forward to that one, but don't know any yet.

I tried Latin in elementary school, not great at it with all the conjugation and etc. Can't read any of it nor can I speak it. However, I am pretty good with etymologies because of it and I can make educated guesses at written Romance languages due to my rudimentary Latin knowledge combined with Italian and French musical terms.

I am fluent in Marathi, which is my native language, Hindi, which is my national language and English. I know a bit of Japanese, I still have three levels to clear. I also did German till A2 level. I would love to learn Latin, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese Sign language. 

I am able to speak/write/read/understand English and German fluently, know enough French to get by and a bit German Sign Language. Also I am learning Japanese at the moment.

J. van Deijck

for Dutch, I can quite understand what I read (not everything, though), but I don't understand the spoken part. I'm planning to start seriously learning next year.

J. van Deijck
On 10/22/2018 at 4:28 AM, Aebt said:

I am planning on learning an intensive Arabic program in less than a year

i would totally learn Dutch this way.

Native English speaker. Did start learning dutch a few years ago, but then moved house and didn't have internet for 5 months, so ended up forgetting about it.

English fluently, learning Spanish, learning French, learning ASL.

I speak English and Filipino as I'm from the Philippines, but I'm vastly more fluent with English 😅 I know a bit of French and have plans to learm it more, and I know some ASL.

My first language is Japanese. I can speak and hear English. but hearing long and early English is difficult.

I can know a bit of Chinese and Korean. I know people speak whether Chinese or Korean or Thailand.

my fluent language is Japanese dialects. do someone know Japanese dialects? dareka touhokuben wakaruyazu ikka? 

Keigo is difficult even if I'm native Japanese speaker.

everywhere and nowhere

Polish as native language.

Fluent English and German.

A little Norwegian, French, Latin and Russian, currently learning Ukrainian.

I remember that I read my first book in Ukrainian before starting to learn this language - only understanding from similarities to Russian and Polish. Recently I did something similar. There is a very nice retro adventure game "Lamplight City" (and I absolutely prefer retro games, for me hand-painted pixel graphics looks amazing and 3D is just UGLY) - it's quite new so when I wanted to use the help of a walkthrough, I found no English-language guides apart from video walkthroughs (which I hate because it takes 20 times more time than reading). But I found a walkthrough in Dutch. And you know what? I indeed found myself able to use it based on similarities to German, English and Norwegian. :)

Archived