Feeling especially inadequate tonight

muteguidance

Hey Muteguidance

Well... he sounds like a keeper to me! A sexual partner with an asexual partner is truly a devotion to love. You are good enough!

It sounds like your relationship is so much more than intimacy, and that's something we all aspire to have.

Do you or does he know any other asexuals? If you have your doubts about his reassurance, maybe introduce him to the community?

Do you find him aesthetically attractive? I.e., do you appreciate his physical appearance? Because if yes, maybe that is all that is enough to him! If you are seriously feeling down communicate that to him. Honesty is so important in a relationship! I'm sure he knows ways to pick your spirits right up!

Be confident with your asexuality!

Best of luck!

I could not give someone I love a dimond ring

I could not give someone I love a new sports car

I could not give someone I love a trip to the Bahamas

but I haven't written down a single thing that I can give someone I love.

ask yourself, what do you give this person you care about? ask yourself that, and don't answer.

On 10/2/2018 at 1:17 PM, muteguidance said:

i joined just so i could put my feelings somewhere. tonight is worse than usual. my boyfriend and i (i’m ace, he isn’t) were talking and i brought up the fact that i’m not visually stimulated by genitalia and such. i think it might have hurt his feelings and it just spirilled from there. i feel like i’m not good enough for him. he’s so understanding and he says he’s comfortable w whatever i’m comfortable w. but i just feel like he DESERVES more. he deserves someone who gets turned on by the sight of him, someone who wants him sexually, someone who doesn’t see sex as a chore, etc. my previous relationship ended bc of my asexuality and i can’t help but think it’ll happen all over again. anyone have some encouraging words of wisdom?? feeling pretty down. 

I am sexual, with an asexual wife. Yes, the sex issue is an ongoing ‘thing’ to deal with. I have had some ‘downs’ as she said some of the same about my male pride, which I am a bit in love with. She has never been atracted to my sexy body. She is never sexually attracted, because she is asexual. She does love me. In a way, it is nice to know that she loves me because of ‘me’.

at good days, I focus on how she chooses to be with me. On bad days, I miss her wanting me, as I want her. We do have sex. It can be quite nice for her. It is always for my sake. It can be a chore. But usually with a benefit for both of us. (Not just orgasms)

Archived