What's your love language?

NerotheReaper

Extroverted Introvert
On 2/7/2018 at 3:47 PM, Red Sun Rises said:

I had to go take the test for them to tell me - http://www.5lovelanguages.com/profile/ for anyone who wants to do the same - but my results jive with what I already know about myself, just couldn't put into words.  Mine is totally Quality Time.  I will literally just lay on your couch and listen to you talk about your life, I don't even have to talk and I'm good.  I will walk around the grocery store with you, or go to your kids' boring school plays, or come to your office after work and sit around doing paperwork while you finish up a big project or something.  I love having individual time with people - eating, drinking, watching tv, talking, whatever - and just spending time together.  Being there for people.  I dunno, it's kinda my thing.

Quality time is up there for me too. A friend said something that I had never thought of yesterday. She told me that quality time is so important to her because everyone gets the same amount. People have different amounts of money, so giving gifts might not mean as much simply because it is less of a "sacrifice" (that word has a negative connotation to it, but I don't know another word to use. You know what I mean). But everyone on this planet has 24 hours each day to spend. And so if they give you a few hours when they could easily spend it doing something else, that means a lot. I hadn't thought of it that way before. I think it makes me appreciate quality time more.

I try to show my love both romantic and platonic through acts of service. But I think the first two are also important to me. Physical touch normally feels awkward and I dislike buying and receiving stuff.

Red Sun Rises
On 2/10/2018 at 10:37 AM, Extroverted Introvert said:

Quality time is up there for me too. A friend said something that I had never thought of yesterday. She told me that quality time is so important to her because everyone gets the same amount. People have different amounts of money, so giving gifts might not mean as much simply because it is less of a "sacrifice" (that word has a negative connotation to it, but I don't know another word to use. You know what I mean). But everyone on this planet has 24 hours each day to spend. And so if they give you a few hours when they could easily spend it doing something else, that means a lot. I hadn't thought of it that way before. I think it makes me appreciate quality time more.

Actually that is a really good way of looking at it - I've always just thought myself a low-maintenance friend because time (although some would say it's money) is the cheapest and most meaningful gift you can give someone, or at least it's the most meaningful gift you can give me xD  But I also know that, because quality time is my love language, sometimes I come off as too attached to people - I wouldn't necessarily say clingy, because the physical part isn't really there (and I've always associated clinginess with an excess of physical touch/nearness), but because spending time is my main way of showing love, I end up ---- GASP ---- spending a lot of time with certain people, and sometimes others look at that as brown nosing or unnatural attachment, I've come to realize.  So sometimes I have to reel myself in. 

That was an amazing run-on sentence.

My love languages are Java, Python, and C++.

Archived