What is your definition of a QPR/squish?

Galactic Turtle

Galactic Turtle

What is your definition of a QPR?

What is your definition of a squish?

Are either of these terms relevant to your experiences? Why or why not?

(just asking so I can see if there's any broad general consensus) 

Well, to me a QPR is basically a close relationship like dating or marriage that doesn't have a romantic or sexual part about it.

A squish is basically a crush that an aro ace has, it's like the closest thing we get to a crush that is.

I would say that they are relevant to my experiences, I've had a couple squishes (when I didn't know I was an ace I thought they were crushes until I figured out they really weren't, they were just close to a crush but not exactly) and I wouldn't mind being in a QPR with someone.

Personally I don't think I could be with an allosexual person in a relationship like that, so if I were to get married or anything it would be more of a formality thing as part of the QPR, I have actually been thinking about this a lot recently, it's something that has crossed my mind a lot in the past couple weeks and I think writing it down like this has been helpful, so thank you for this post.

patronusmagic

I guess I would define a QPR as a partnership built on a close platonic love, a stronger and more specific love then one people have for their other friends. 

A squish is the platonic form of a crush, a decire to be seen by and become close to a specific person in a deep, platonic way.

I dont think QPR is realy for me, but I certanly do have squishes. :) I used to think that I had crushes on people but all I wanted was to know them and make them my best friends. squishes gave me a word for what I experienced. 

Galactic Turtle
21 hours ago, Dean. said:

Well, to me a QPR is basically a close relationship like dating or marriage that doesn't have a romantic or sexual part about it.

How would you define "romantic part"?

21 hours ago, Dean. said:

A squish is basically a crush that an aro ace has, it's like the closest thing we get to a crush that is.

But what is it? Aren't you either drawn to someone in a noticeably different way or not?

21 hours ago, patronusmagic said:

I guess I would define a QPR as a partnership built on a close platonic love, a stronger and more specific love then one people have for their other friends. 

What differentiates this from a romantic partnership? What gives rise to the need to define it as not friendship?

21 hours ago, patronusmagic said:

I used to think that I had crushes on people but all I wanted was to know them and make them my best friends.

Is this like admiring someone but then also happen to become friends with them?

Close friends or roommates who cuddle kiss or massage, but don't consider themselves a couple, don't have sex, sounds like QPR.

Close friends or roommates who sometimes have sex, but don't consider themselves a couple, sounds like friends with benefits.

BFF vs Squish vs Crush?  I don't have a clue.

Galactic Turtle
2 minutes ago, Cnyb said:

Close friends or roommates who cuddle kiss or massage, but don't consider themselves a couple, don't have sex, sounds like QPR.

Close friends or roommates who sometimes have sex, but don't consider themselves a couple, sounds like friends with benefits.

BFF vs Squish vs Crush?  I don't have a clue.

So... a QPR is like friends with benefits without sex, basically? :P

QPR = Friends with non-sexual benefits?

Galactic Turtle
40 minutes ago, Cnyb said:

QPR = Friends with non-sexual benefits?

= friend with 2nd base benefits perhaps. XD

Oh yeah the potential for 2nd base benefits almost forgot

Archived