• Demiboy
    • Demigirl
    • Androgyne
    • Neutrois
    • Intersex (only intersex people)
    • Pangender
    • Maverique
    • None of the above
  3. 3. Did you found your gender identity in this poll?

• Yes, I did
    • No, I will post it bellow

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey! It's another gender poll. If you cannot find your gender identity please comment bellow.

I'm AFAB and I identify as femandrogyne. I could also simplify it to androgyne. :)

I did find my gender identity. However, I use a few different labels but could only select one.

I'm AFAB and a trans man, but most doctors declare my biological sex as male because of my testosterone therapy. My insurance and legal documents all list me as male now.

1 minute ago, Mezzo Forte said:

I'm AFAB and a trans man, but most doctors declare my biological sex as male because of my testosterone therapy. My insurance and legal documents all list me as male now.

If people see you as male and you went through therapy then you are male. Can I count you as male?

I identify as both transmasculine and non-binary, but since I could only choose one, I’ve selected trans male.

1 hour ago, Zacharie said:

If people see you as male and you went through therapy then you are male. Can I count you as male?

Simple answer is yes, I am male. However, my mind and body were always mapped to respond better to testosterone than estrogen, so you could say I've always been male in that sense. It just took hormone therapy for me to be perceived as male and for me to find comfort in my body.

7 hours ago, Mezzo Forte said:

Simple answer is yes, I am male. However, my mind and body were always mapped to respond better to testosterone than estrogen, so you could say I've always been male in that sense. It just took hormone therapy for me to be perceived as male and for me to find comfort in my body.

That's really interesting.  The way you explained it i mean. Thanks for your input. I think I will add AFAB and AMAB options next time anyways since i think some people have posted it.

7 hours ago, SkyWorld said:

I identify as both transmasculine and non-binary, but since I could only choose one, I’ve selected trans male.

Sorry about that. I couldn't have multiple option since it would mess up the results for this poll especifically. Thanks for your input, I will take notes.

Female

Agender

No, since I usually use "genderless" as my identity, but a lot of people consider genderless and agender to be the same thing, so I guess it's not really important.

3 minutes ago, ponz said:

Female

Agender

No, since I usually use "genderless" as my identity, but a lot of people consider genderless and agender to be the same thing, so I guess it's not really important.

They are both pretty vague and open to interpretation along with neutrois but i would like to hear your input on the definition. It can be helpful actually to know how you find it different and why you prefer it over agender.

Cislady

There's a lot of Agen people here. I wonder if it has something to do with asexuality.

I chose genderfluid. But, I am almost always female or agender.

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

1. Male

2. Thinking about it... yeah, I'd say agender fits pretty well.

3. Sure

On 2/8/2018 at 11:30 AM, Zacharie said:

There's a lot of Agen people here. I wonder if it has something to do with asexuality.

I would guess it does. As for me... yeah, my physical sex is male, and if that matters to some people I'm fine with that, but personally I feel that that aspect of myself is completely irrelevant to who I am.

AFAB male here.

scarletlatitude

Biologically female, gender is IDGAF 

• 1 month later...
E Wildflower

I am genderfluid, but if I was allowed to check more than one answer for question #2, I would I would have also checked nonbinary and genderqueer.

I was also assumed female at birth and have not physically transitioned in any way.

J. van Deijck

I'm male that only tends to be androgynous in appearance, but I don't think it really matters what they assigned me at birth.

Celyn: The Lutening

As said before, AFAB and AMAB are much better options than "biological sex". I guess I could have picked neutrois, but I prefer androgyne because neutrois seems too...genderless, almost a synonym for agender in my mind. But androgyne implies I have both male and female aspects, which is correct.

Non-binary and genderqueer are also umbrella terms, so I'm not sure what their usefulness is with all the other more specific genders. But yeah, could have picked those too. 

23 minutes ago, Celyn said:

I guess I could have picked neutrois, but I prefer androgyne because neutrois seems too...genderless, almost a synonym for agender in my mind. But androgyne implies I have both male and female aspects, which is correct.

I know what you mean about neutrois. I dislike that term; although I identify with it I use the term neutral in place of it partly for clarity. I don't feel like I lack a gender, yet at the same time I feel not female nor male but somewhere in the middle. I still have certain feminine and masculine traits though, but I don't feel like they define my gender. I did identify as androgyne for a while like you are but I realised I'm not male and female in some sort of ratio, I truly am neutral. I find it hard to tell if androgyne is a label that fits me better still, tbh.

• 1 month later...

I'm demifluid, which, for those of you in this thread who might not know, means that I'm partially genderfluid and partially a static gender. My static part is agender, and as far as I know my fluid part switches between female, agender, and something that could be described as either bigender or fem-leaning androgyne. My agender part is dominant, so on the days I have part of a gender I'm not usually aware of it until I consciously check with myself or until I have to be in a gendered situation like a public bathroom. If I check with myself and can't come up with anything, then I know I'm fully agender at that time; my experience of being agender feels like asking myself about my gender and having my thoughts slide off of an empty space.

Rosendust

I couldn't access the poll, but I identify as Genderfluid.

everywhere and nowhere

I find such a poll a bit tough. Maybe - paradoxically - even more than people who are much further from being cisgender than I am. I am AFAB and I consider being a woman something important for me... but with a lot of reservations. Such as: I don't really care about physical femininity, in fact I would prefer to be more androgynous (to have bigger muscles, tiny breasts, no period...). I am not transgender - I don't feel male or even non-binary, but I feel like saying that I'm cisgender implies that I fully accept femininity, which is not true. I reject gender stereotypes. The more "being a woman" is perceived as tied to sexuality and especially heterosexuality, the more I rebel against it - I will not be a "mother, wife or lover". Is gender only meaningful in relation to another gender and so, as a woman who is explicitly not going to be sexually or even romantically involved with men, I don't really have a reason to feel tied to the idea of being a woman and should embrace freedom from gender categories? But yet I experience femininity as politically significant - as long as there are sociopolitical and sociocultural factors which attempt to predefine a person's life because such a person happens to be female, I will continue considering my femininity important as an act of solidarity. See, in the details under my username I've written "feminist", not "female". This is what it means to me: my identity as a woman is intermediated by feminism. Or, in another words: I consider femininity significant for me mostly as a political identity. Everything else, such as my disposition to the idea of a separatist women's spirituality, grows out of this basic sense that "women" are a political category. If I have to choose from more accepted categories, I prefer to say that I'm a "gender-nonconforming female", but I fell like saying only "female" says nothing.

• 9 months later...

@Zacharie

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived