Anyone who speaks French? Est-ce qu'il y a quelqu'un qui parle Francais?

Salut! En ecole, j'ai pu parler francais bien. Mais, je n'ai pas parlé francais depuis 2013. Malheureusement j'ai oublié tout.

I can still kind of read french, but the ability to write it left me. It seems that I only remember the passé composé. Well, it was worth a try.

Siimo van der fietspad

Je veux améliorer mon français.  Je comprende 'français a café' pour des voyages, et aussi l'Esperanto c'est un grande aide.

La part plus difficile pour me est comprender les 'liasons' entre des paroles.

Pour ceux qui veulent jazzer en francais, n'importe le raison... vous pouvez m'en parler. 

Ca ce peux que j'ai oublié une tonne de grammaire, d'ortographe, et d'autre choses... mais je me rappelle pas mal comment bavarder 😄

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Il y a vraiment aucun français ici on dirait, c'est désespérant T-T 

Mais c'est connu qu'on est tous mauvais en langues, y compris la nôtre... ~ ;)

Je veux bien discuter en français, pas de problème vu que c'est ma langue maternelle~ 

If you wanna talk in french a little bit, you only need to ask~ I doubt I'd be a good teacher but I'm willing to try, it's not unlikely I'll become one anyway. 

• Like 1

Uhh... Bonjour? 😅

No I don't speak French but I thought those that did would enjoy this Key and Peele. Maybe you can translate?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Will-o-the-Wisp said:

Uhh... Bonjour? 😅

No I don't speak French but I thought those that did would enjoy this Key and Peele. Maybe you can translate?

Whoa, uh... I can distinguish words here and there, but I suspect most of it is either gibberish or obscure place names 😂

That accent, oh gods 🤣

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Poe's Creep Meta said:

Whoa, uh... I can distinguish words here and there, but I suspect most of it is either gibberish or obscure place names 😂

That accent, oh gods 🤣

It's still impressive

2 minutes ago, Will-o-the-Wisp said:

It's still impressive

What is? 

55 minutes ago, Poe's Creep Meta said:

What is? 

Talking gibberish that fast and controlled.

8 hours ago, Will-o-the-Wisp said:

Talking gibberish that fast and controlled.

Oh, I have to agree here. 

I don't know if that accent is on purpose, too, and if it is, then it is admittedly kinda impressive. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

What is great about that clip is that it does two things really well:

1. Capture what French sounds like to non-French speakers

2. Sound foreign to French speakers

• Like 1

Le vocabulaire culinaire français est parfois mal compris par les francophones eux-mêmes.

The French culinary vocabulary can be obscure to natives too.

L'utilisation de termes gastronomiques en français met facilement en valeur un menu sans intérêt.

• 1 year later...

French sucks, why do i have to learn it, and it's canada, so :(((((

Bonjour, amis!!!

Je suis francaise canadienne.

I'm better at english tho XD

1 hour ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

I'm better at english tho XD

XD

same

• Like 1
On 10/3/2019 at 6:38 PM, DuskFire said:

Uhh... Bonjour? 😅

Très drôle 🤣 He went down like a lead balloon in no time.

• 4 weeks later...

I learned French for a couple of years, but I fell out of practice when I couldn't afford to take the fourth semester in early 2020. I really need to get back into it, it's one of the languages I need to be proficient at for my grad degree.

So... Je suis une etudiante. Did I mess that up? Probably. 🤦‍♀️

• 5 months later...
SilenceRadio
On 3/6/2021 at 7:53 PM, Virelai said:

I learned French for a couple of years, but I fell out of practice when I couldn't afford to take the fourth semester in early 2020. I really need to get back into it, it's one of the languages I need to be proficient at for my grad degree.

So... Je suis une etudiante. Did I mess that up? Probably. 🤦‍♀️

Non, je trouve que c'est plutôt bien. Il y a juste l'accent qu'il manque (étudiante), mais j'imagine que c'est votre clavier qui ne l'a pas.

No, I think it's pretty good. There's just the stress that's missing (étudiante), but I suppose it's because your keyboard doesn't have it.

(Why does it feel more awkward to speak my mother tongue, pourquoi...)

a little annihilation

Je suis étudiante

Je parle anglais 

Je suis Américain

Je m'appelle løvely

J'habite en Amérique

L'homme mange l'orange.

51 minutes ago, SilenceRadio said:

Non, je trouve que c'est plutôt bien. Il y a juste l'accent qu'il manque (étudiante), mais j'imagine que c'est votre clavier qui ne l'a pas.

No, I think it's pretty good. There's just the stress that's missing (étudiante), but I suppose it's because your keyboard doesn't have it.

(Why does it feel more awkward to speak my mother tongue, pourquoi...)

It's called an accent in English, too—an acute accent, specifically, in this case.  Typing it on US-qwerty keyboards is possible, but takes special measures.

(Et je ne sais pas . . .  Mind you, my milk tongue's English, although my hometown is 75% francophone and I attended a French-language elementary school.  I'm still fluent enough for small talk, but not deep technical or existential discussions, and my spoken French comes with a Canadian-francophone accent thick enough to spread on bread.)

SilenceRadio
29 minutes ago, ElloryJaye said:

It's called an accent in English, too—an acute accent, specifically, in this case.  Typing it on US-qwerty keyboards is possible, but takes special measures.

(Et je ne sais pas . . .  Mind you, my milk tongue's English, although my hometown is 75% francophone and I attended a French-language elementary school.  I'm still fluent enough for small talk, but not deep technical or existential discussions, and my spoken French comes with a Canadian-francophone accent thick enough to spread on bread.)

So it's called an accent as well? Thanks for solving my years long questioning over that.

Que voulez-vous dire par "mesures spéciales"?

2 hours ago, SilenceRadio said:

So it's called an accent as well? Thanks for solving my years long questioning over that.

Yup.  Acute, grave, and circumflex accents.  Also, cedilla for cédille.  English for tréma is diaeresis, though (and you'll likely be better understood if you call it an umlaut, after the similar-looking German diacritic, since the correct word isn't used much).

2 hours ago, SilenceRadio said:

Que voulez-vous dire par "mesures spéciales"?

Varies according to the operating system.  On older Windows machines, you held down the alt key and typed codes on the numeric keypad to get extended characters.  Linux and I think more modern Windows allow you to set a "dead key" or "compose key" that lets you use more sensible key combinations—for instance, to get é, I press Scroll Lock (set as my compose key) + ' + e.  Or you can switch keyboard layouts if you don't mind typing blind.  OSX and mobile I'm not sure about.

• 1 month later...

I really have an issue with the "n" in English. Most of the time in French, there are two of them, and the transparent words in English only have one. It's a bit embarassing that I mostly forget this, and add another one when it's completely unneeded in English... although the extra "n" in "unneeded" is definitely anything but unneeded.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...