Biromantic?

Tirisilex

I've been considering Biromantic Asexuality. I know I'm fully Asexual.. But Romanticly I'm a little conflicted.. I know there is no sex involved in my relationships so that makes me think about the Romantic side of things. While I find Females very attractive Aesthetically I tend to find males attractive Aesthetically but at a lesser degree than females. Since there is no sex I'm considering on having Biromantic relationships.. However, with males, I must say a cant show a lot of affection.. Like cuddling or kisses.. nothing physical. I'm thinking that with males I need a more platonic relationship. But I'm still not sure about this. Do I just stay with females? or do I open myself up to Males as well but with more restrictions?

Hi Tirisilex,

I am on the identical page as you, expect the perfect opposite because I'm a girl. I used to label myself as hetero-romantic, but I finally admitted to myself that I'm probably more Bi because I would be lying if I said I have never had feelings towards people of my own gender.

Do what you're comfortable with and live stress free. If you come across a guy you found yourself attracted to (but not sexually), see if you can develop an emotional bond with them. Once that happens, it may flourish into something deeper, more romantic, and spontaneously more beautiful. Know your boundaries, and be confident with them but don't let that restrict you to who you date and hang out with. If you don't think it's working out, then that's okay too.

You might find out being around males feels more platonic for you, but then again, it may just be that particular person. Never say never! Don't let your doubts cloud your decisions. If the person you're attracted to, whether it be a guy or a girl, is the ultimate charmer, play ball and see what happens. No need to rush things though, it's your life and you control the pace. Good luck!

Someone just told me that I like Realtionships with Females sensually but with Males non-Sensually.. That sounds Very much like me.

If the current you feels comfortable with that explanation, then I'm sure it's the right fit for you :)

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

TheAP

Questions about Asexuality co-mod

Janus the Fox

I don't think about the actual gender but I know any gender is equal for potential romance, even though there's little to no romantic aspirations personally.  If everything else aligns then gender holds no bounds for relationships.

On 06/02/2018 at 12:36 AM, Tirisilex said:

I've been considering Biromantic Asexuality. I know I'm fully Asexual.. But Romanticly I'm a little conflicted.. I know there is no sex involved in my relationships so that makes me think about the Romantic side of things. While I find Females very attractive Aesthetically I tend to find males attractive Aesthetically but at a lesser degree than females. Since there is no sex I'm considering on having Biromantic relationships.. However, with males, I must say a cant show a lot of affection.. Like cuddling or kisses.. nothing physical. I'm thinking that with males I need a more platonic relationship. But I'm still not sure about this. Do I just stay with females? or do I open myself up to Males as well but with more restrictions?

I'm the same but opposite LOL but to make things "worse", here in Brazil cuddling and hugging is a thing everybody does and it can not mean a romantic relationship so it's kinda confusing to me when I think about it. And I got a story with bullying so I don't know if it's really my orientation or it's the reflection of my trauma with it

Archived