Things Aces find weird

Tyger Songbird

On 2/16/2018 at 7:24 AM, Ytterbium said:

I realized, I perceive sex as a pretty extrovert thing. Therefore, I find it weird that introverts can be sexual as well.

THIS!!! Confused me no end as a teen - I tell ya.

Blackfriday628
19 hours ago, vega57 said:

One reason why people tend to obsess over it is because it's so temporary. 

Some people use cocaine.  I've never used it, but the way it's been explained is that when it's used, the user gets a feeling of 'euphoria'.  That is, it's an intense feeling of pleasure.  You feel more confident (like you can 'conquer the world' or have the ability to 'do anything').  They feel better about themselves.  They have more energy. 

For about 20 minutes to an hour, depending on how it's administered.  For many, they want to feel 'that way' over and over again, which often leads to addiction, because the effects are so short-lived. 

When some people have sex, there are chemicals released in their brains (especially during orgasm) that can cause them to feel 'high'.  I've heard that 'high' described (from sexuals) as feeing "stoned", "drunk", or like they're on some kind of drug like heroin or cocaine.  But those feelings are also short-lived. 

If they like those feelings, they're going to want to repeat them as often as possible.  Hence, the "obsession". 

I have both been high and had orgasms, I have to say that the two are simply not comparable, haha, I don't know if this is affected by my being asexual, or perhaps it's just me... But I doubt it

Tyger Songbird

Don't ban or block me for this one, ok? I'm just stating my opinion on this. I'm not aiming to curse or abuse any sensibilities. These are just words I've heard used in our colorful vocabulary. So, please don't deem me as detestable for this, ok? Or ban me for this? 

This one is highly personal for me, one that's hard to get off my chest. But I'll do my best here and now. So, please understand.

What I have always found weird are the certain words people  at large use for sex or better yet private areas in general. Call me rather prudish, coy, or whatever, but I get highly affronted whenever someone says them to me like that. It's so vulgar to hear some of these words whenever people say them. I don't know if anyone feels similar, but I definitely get pushed back when I hear some of these things.

Here are some of the words I have heard used for certain body parts:

1) Pussy

• I think Iggy Azalea made a song called this that even hit the charts one time. Like, how? How can people make songs like that and they become so popular? Is there no filter anymore? 
  • Whenever I hear this word, I immediately get a frantic fear in my heart overall. I don't want to think about that organ girls have, that's related to sex.
  • It sounds gross and horribly vile to me!
  • And yet, people use it all the time for some reason
  • Thank you, Mr. Grab em by the pussy!
  • And there will never be a Pussyhat in my world
  • Why would you name a lady's private area after a cat? Where does that even come from? That area looks absolutely nothing like a cat, especially Hello Kitty! Cats are pretty and have nice green eyes. Well, the cat I used to care for did! Like Felix and Garfield don't need to be lowered to an area that can catch yeast infections. That's insulting and gross! I'll never think of cats the same. I'm mortified forever.

2) Dick (where did that name even come from?)

• I feel sorry for anyone named Richard

3) Cock (???)

• That's a rooster! Why would you name that organ after a bird with red feathers on its head? Foghorn Leghorn, for crying out loud! Where do people see a rooster out of that organ? It looks a little too crazy to be a bird, if you ask me.
  • Also, why is such a big deal to have a "big dick" or a "big cock"? 
  • Why would it matter what your penis is, and why does society seem to make it this massive deal? It seems stupid to me to emasculate others for something so low as your appendage
  • Why is it so hard to spread love and kindness to everyone? Someone answer that.
  • Guys, let's focus on being good joes above everything. That's what should make you special to me.

4) Boobies

• A woman's chest is not a bird. Just saying
  • Plus, it's a dumb bird last time I checked.
  • Are they saying that boobies are dumb? Like they have a brain to think with!
  • If so, why do they like them so much, then? Hmm....
  • I can't help but think of Homer Simpson perving out whenever someone says that
  • It's like a teenage boy thing hounding whenever I hear that.
  • Why those things are named for a bird is beyond me

5) Titties

• I have no idea where that name came from
  • Regardless, what a strange name to call those, though

6) Booty

• Yeah, need I say more?
  • How obsessive are people with this!
  • I don't get the name behind it
  • Booty is pirate's treasure! Rubies, diamonds,  gold doubloons!
  • I mean, how does a posterior evoke the same thought of "treasure"? 
  • You can dig back there, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing golden to be found back there! Scat!

And lastly...

7) Fuck

• IF you Seek Amy-Britney Spears
  • Where did that word ever even come in?
  • What does that word even have to do with sex?
  • What does that word even mean? Highly confused
  • And why do people call themselves "MotherFucker" all the time to be cool?
  • Is having sex with your mother cool now? I thought there was a word for that: incest!
  • I don't know why everybody just uses that word all the time
  • It's like the 5th word out of some people's mouth on a consistent basis. People want to be edgy with things. It's so annoying to hear that, in my opinion
  • There is such a thing called vocabulary, you know. Let's expand ours once in a while, why don't we!
  • And again, what does that have to do with sex, pray tell?
  • I thought sex was supposed to be beautiful. You would think they would use a more beautiful word for it, wouldn't you?

Those are all the words I can think of as of right now. If you think of some more words I didn't mention, let me know. It is just so weird that this many words are in the mentions.

I seriously don't know why we name all these private parts these horrendously sounding things. Now, my ability to look at cats is seriously damaged forever. And I'm sorry, roosters. You are now lowered to a thing men urinate from. Lovely.

I'm not trying to be a content police. I'm not here to be a censorship program like the FCC. I would rather not play that game. I just don't know why we use certain words to talk about or sex like that. It seems weird to me. Anyone else feel the same?

On 2/16/2018 at 7:52 PM, James121 said:

I think there are many ways to be close to someone. I think you’ll find from a sexuals perspective that it’s the ultimate closeness, being your most vulnerable but at the same time trusting your lover to turn that vulnerability in to physical and mental pleasure.

As for the genitals thing, sexuals (the ones who like oral sex....some don’t) tend to think of it no differently to sharing the same bathroom, toilet, towels and all those things.

If you wash properly, your genitals shouldn’t be any dirtier than other body parts. 

LMAO I've told partners to use their own towel or GTFO.  I have at least 5 clean towels in my house at any given time, there's really no excuse.

I didn't necessarily mean oral sex is gross, it's just... ridiculous?  And I say this as someone who has been on the giving and receiving end of many different kinds.  Sorry, it's just silly. 

I don't find anything vulnerable about sex.  Vulnerability, to me, is like what you talk to a therapist or a friend you've know for a decade about. 

35 minutes ago, dentedcanoe said:

I didn't necessarily mean oral sex is gross, it's just... ridiculous?  And I say this as someone who has been on the giving and receiving end of many different kinds.  Sorry, it's just silly. 

I don't find anything vulnerable about sex.  Vulnerability, to me, is like what you talk to a therapist or a friend you've know for a decade about. 

It’s just a case of chalk and cheese then. You say oral sex is silly, I would say being pleasured by someone and giving such pleasure so intimate and beautiful, words fail to describe it.

As for the vulnerability thing, I don’t understand why being naked, being on show and being in a position where even your body smell is readily accessible is considered less vulnerable than talking to someone.

Chalk and cheese.

Lucas Monteiro
23 minutes ago, James121 said:

As for the vulnerability thing, I don’t understand why being naked, being on show and being in a position where even your body smell is readily accessible is considered less vulnerable than talking to someone.

Vulnerability can be a feeling too, if someone feels safe or simply don't care for being naked and in such a position, then it wouldn't be more vulnerable than talking about your own emotions to someone. Vulnerability is the quality of being easily hurt, it can be emotional and physical, so I agree with you too.

1 hour ago, dentedcanoe said:

I agree with you, but then again this is all opinion. Many people will agree and disagree with you, in the end it's a personal thing and how one person feels towards it. It can be ridiculous for you, but for other person it isn't.

Tyger Songbird
5 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

From that list above, the only thing I think I can say I find amusing is booty and only because when I was a kid, a cartoon character, trying to act cool, would say "swiggity swooty, Im coming for that booty" which just honestly cracked me up because it sounded stupid, but that sort of cartoon funny stupid.

That might be a little bit funny. I just hate how people love to talk about it in such a distasteful, degrading manner. "Man, she's got a real fat booty! I want to smash that so bad and smack it something good!" 

I have heard that one time.

I remember in one cartoon where the main characters (girls) were watching the boys in front of them walk by, and one of the just was creepy to me. She said "Ooh, look at the booty on that cutie!"

Yeah...

People just want to honestly make it such a big deal and brag or obsess over it to where I just get grossed out by it. 

Lucas Monteiro
12 minutes ago, tygersongbird said:

That might be a little bit funny. I just hate how people love to talk about it in such a distasteful, degrading manner. "Man, she's got a real fat booty! I want to smash that so bad and smack it something good!" 

I have heard that one time.

I remember in one cartoon where the main characters (girls) were watching the boys in front of them walk by, and one of the just was creepy to me. She said "Ooh, look at the booty on that cutie!"

Yeah...

People just want to honestly make it such a big deal and brag or obsess over it to where I just get grossed out by it. 

It's worst when you know that those kind of words are directed to you. I really hate when that happens, I feel somehow dirty and like an object and let me tell you, it's not really nice. I agree with you, even if all of those words are just exaggeration they are still of bad taste and shouldn't be so normal to say something like that in front of other people.

I have been in a lot of times in situations like these, hearing those words by people who were really hypersexual, it's just so strange for me as asexual. I could look at the person and think that they are really aesthetically beautiful, but to say in this context something similar to those words ? Never. 

Reminding that of course, not every sexual is like this. Most of the times, those are said by men who wants to brag or do some macho thing, of course this can happen with women too, but it's a little more rare.

One thing I find weird is how non-aces must say they feel sympathetic for aces or that we're missing out. Ugh no. Don't make me dry heave.

I feel sympathy that some non-aces feel this way.

Tyger Songbird
19 minutes ago, Lucas Monteiro said:

It's worst when you know that those kind of words are directed to you. I really hate when that happens, I feel somehow dirty and like an object and let me tell you, it's not really nice. I agree with you, even if all of those words are just exaggeration they are still of bad taste and shouldn't be so normal to say something like that in front of other people.

I have been in a lot of times in situations like these, hearing those words by people who were really hypersexual, it's just so strange for me as asexual. I could look at the person and think that they are really aesthetically beautiful, but to say in this context something similar to those words ? Never. 

Reminding that of course, not every sexual is like this. Most of the times, those are said by men who wants to brag or do some macho thing, of course this can happen with women too, but it's a little more rare.

I get that not every sexual does this, but the point behind this is that word you used to describe this: objectification. It is really bad. I'm getting sick of really hearing how guys just want to "tap that" and girls just want to"have some fun". Like, it seems the objectification of people is getting more and more every single turn.

I don't want to live in a world where street harassment, wolf whistling, and groping are the norm. I want there to be decorum for all people, not booty shorts and boobs flashing everywhere. 

I'm tired of skimpy, raunchy, and lascivious culture. How about a new and (in my opinion) better culture?

Maybe not every sexual does this, but I wish that the ones that don't would speak up more against the objectification. And that's the word objectify. I wish more sexuals would just come forward and say stop to the objectification and to treat others with respect and honor. I mean, when you hear the objectification, I feel grossed out when it's not even about me. It's just gross.

Lucas Monteiro
45 minutes ago, tygersongbird said:

I get that not every sexual does this, but the point behind this is that word you used to describe this: objectification. It is really bad. I'm getting sick of really hearing how guys just want to "tap that" and girls just want to"have some fun". Like, it seems the objectification of people is getting more and more every single turn.

I don't want to live in a world where street harassment, wolf whistling, and groping are the norm. I want there to be decorum for all people, not booty shorts and boobs flashing everywhere. 

I'm tired of skimpy, raunchy, and lascivious culture. How about a new and (in my opinion) better culture?

Maybe not every sexual does this, but I wish that the ones that don't would speak up more against the objectification. And that's the word objectify. I wish more sexuals would just come forward and say stop to the objectification and to treat others with respect and honor. I mean, when you hear the objectification, I feel grossed out when it's not even about me. It's just gross.

I can understand your point of view, but the thing here it's that some sexuals really don't mind the objectification, for them it's simply normal for this to happen. While it may not be nice for me, you and sexuals who doesn't approve this way there is still people who doesn't care for it and they care the continuation of this norm. We can't control the world in it's entirety whenever we don't like something, otherwise it would be a total mess as every person has an opinion about how society and people should operate.

I know that it can be tiresome and appear animalistic this kind of idea, but humans are animals and wanting or not we will never be free from the primitive ways, no matter how much we try to hide or put a makeup with our ideas and concepts, no matter how much we change, we can't run away from the past. This objectification can be a cultural thing, but the idea of wanting sex in it's more natural form and feeling those things, are yet natural.

The best way for you to not hear at least for now, it would be to not be close from people who think like that. Not every sexual person will behave in this same way. I am not against your thoughts on this, but wanting to replace a norm by another norm in your own standards ways, it's not the path that should be followed. We should at least try to find a common ground, where people can feel good with each other, being sexual or asexual.

44 minutes ago, Bryophyte said:

One thing I find weird is how non-aces must say they feel sympathetic for aces or that we're missing out. Ugh no.

It's WHAT aces are told that they're "missing out" on that bugs me.  Aces are often told that they're missing out on the whole "human experience" if they don't have sex...as if having sex is the ONLY thing that defines the "whole" human experience. 

I could just as easily say that if someone didn't climb Mt. Everest, they're missing out on the whole human experience.  Truth be told, there are so many experiences that are available to humans, that no human could possibly experience them all in a life time. 

Makes me wonder sometimes if people don't do this stuff simply for bragging rights...

Tyger Songbird
25 minutes ago, vega57 said:

It's WHAT aces are told that they're "missing out" on that bugs me.  Aces are often told that they're missing out on the whole "human experience" if they don't have sex...as if having sex is the ONLY thing that defines the "whole" human experience. 

I could just as easily say that if someone didn't climb Mt. Everest, they're missing out on the whole human experience.  Truth be told, there are so many experiences that are available to humans, that no human could possibly experience them all in a life time. 

Makes me wonder sometimes if people don't do this stuff simply for bragging rights...

Well, the whole "this is what makes you human" part makes me angry, honestly. I mean, it's not like any inmates or anybody in the news has done that would be consider inhumane sexually. Oh, wait, they have! Yet, they are the ones to tell us how we're off-center? How is it that they are the position to cast us in a negative light and to misrepresent us? We should step out and be heard more. Otherwise, they are the perfect humans, and they are pathologizing everyone else as the righteous ruler with the wisdom. They belittle us because we're not like them. That's all it is.

I still don't get how "sex" is the human experience at all. I mean, it's not like we're the only species that reproduces that way. No one has ever explained to me why "sex" is the fundamental basic of being human.

32 minutes ago, tygersongbird said:

Well, the whole "this is what makes you human" part makes me angry,

Not just that, but then switching to, "Well, humans are basically animals!"...as, if we don't 'give in' to our 'animal' qualities, we're "repressing" our "basic" "natural" selves. 

It's funny...I always thought that as humans, we were called to rise ABOVE those alleged animal 'urges'! 

Tyger Songbird
19 hours ago, Lucas Monteiro said:

The best way for you to not hear at least for now, it would be to not be close from people who think like that. Not every sexual person will behave in this same way. I am not against your thoughts on this, but wanting to replace a norm by another norm in your own standards ways, it's not the path that should be followed. We should at least try to find a common ground, where people can feel good with each other, being sexual or asexual.

I know you're right. However, how do you find a common ground with someone who's sexual? I guess it's why I don't date them, really. I don't know how you are supposed to find a common ground, in a world with someone who looks to indulge in sex. How do you find any common ground with someone who has a sex signal that can make them feel horny for even you? I don't even know. I don't know how to start finding it either. 

It just seems like sexual people and us are too different, where their hunger for sex will never allow us to integrate their world and find acceptance in it. I'm not so sure acceptance is ever going to happen. I don't know. Maybe I need sexual people's perspective, and maybe I need to meet more people. Perhaps I'm the one who's wrong. I'm just so used to people acting so "forward" and everything that I am personally afraid to.

Sexual frustration

Sorry, sexual friends, I can't sympathise with you when you complain about not having had sex in over a month, I just don't understand how it's so important

Tasha the demi squirrel

I've never understood people who cheat on a partner......if you aren't happy in the relationship then leaving is more respectful than cheating.

I've never understood the appeal of watching porn or any sexualisd content on tv or in films obviously I'm not judging people can do whatever they want so long as they arent hurting themselves or others I just have never understood

Tasha the demi squirrel

I've also never understood society's obsession with judging others by how they look

19 hours ago, tygersongbird said:

I know you're right. However, how do you find a common ground with someone who's sexual? I guess it's why I don't date them, really. I don't know how you are supposed to find a common ground, in a world with someone who looks to indulge in sex. How do you find any common ground with someone who has a sex signal that can make them feel horny for even you? I don't even know. I don't know how to start finding it either. 

It just seems like sexual people and us are too different, where their hunger for sex will never allow us to integrate their world and find acceptance in it. I'm not so sure acceptance is ever going to happen. I don't know. Maybe I need sexual people's perspective, and maybe I need to meet more people. Perhaps I'm the one who's wrong. I'm just so used to people acting so "forward" and everything that I am personally afraid to.

Common ground is shared interests that have nothing to do with sex. Hobbies, art, TV shows, comics, sports, etc., are all pathways to finding common ground with others no matter who they are. Nearly all my friends are sexual, but this has never stood in the way of our friendships because we have other things that bind us together and give us things to share and enjoy.

Dirty talk. For me it sounds so ridiculous and cringy, can't really take it seriously. How do people get aroused by that?

My previous bf asked me to talk dirty to him. I seriously couldn't come up with anything but stupid jokes, and he seemed pretty disappointed :D

• 2 weeks later...
AceWizardApprentice

What I find weird, is that I got called a "heartless monster robot" for being asexual and aromantic in middle school by a classmate. Honestly, I don't get how anyone could get away with saying that to anyone, but no one said a thing to the person saying it. They did apologize for it before graduation, as apparently they realized that I'm human too. Then again, I wouldn't have chosen my avatar to make myself feel better about that comment if it weren't for that moment.

Also, I'm really into FNaF (Five Nights at Freddy's, it's an indie horror strategy game) now, and I'm still surprised about the sexualisation of the characters in the fandom (mainly the animatronics...). I guess part of it is due to certain furries? For instance, I like the character Springtrap from the third game due to the story, feeling an odd kinship with him (I'm definitely not a hybistrophiliac, which explains the fangirls/guys of murderers, etc.) due to being socially isolated for most of my life. I've never had a friend, but I'm optimistic about that prospect. Basically, people objectify the strangest of things, and I don't get it, but that's fine by me.

I got randomly kissed this year by a dude I was passingly friendly with, a light peck on the lips. Really strange how that happened out of nowhere, I just don't get the impulse to do that to anyone really, all I wanted to do was to hug him due to a mutual fleeting camaraderie, and afterwards he held my hand as we walked outside. Honestly, I'm not sure if I should have seen it coming or not, but it's just so strange that someone could do either of those things with a stranger. Then again, I was fine with being hugged by the man because I'm lonely and want hugs for the hugs sake. I'm pretty sure my isolation is due to the fact that I'm ace aro and agender, as I can't relate to most people and their experiences, no one's ever asked me out either, which is a huge relief.

I do find it pretty weird how people forge friendships due to mutual crushes, but that's an aro thing. Then again, hearing how 'hot' someone is is strange in itself, as that tends to be a factor in crushes. I'm glad very few people that I know about have had an interest in me, I genuinely hope I project aceness to others, but then again I've been asked if I had a boyfriend during small talk...

On 2/5/2018 at 8:09 AM, tygersongbird said:

Have you ever felt there are some things you simply can not understand as an asexual? Like, why do people even?

1) The need to have a baby. I'm sorry I don't understand why people have such an enormous desire to have children. I don't understand why it's everything in life for some people. Call me close-minded, but I just could never understand why people would ever want to have kids. Maybe I just don't have the paternal instincts or something. I just don't see why people would want to have children. I just believe there are other better things to do. Again, call me close-minded. My opinion is just my own, though. Don't get offended by it.

So, yeah, those are some things I simply don't get. What are some things you simply don't get, personally? What are some things you find weird?

1) Thank you!  I've been wondering this my whole life.  After discussions with friends and straining my brain, I can somewhat understand why a person would want a kid.  BUT I DEFINITELY DO NOT. One, I get grossed out at thinking of what would need to happen to have one and two, I also shiver at the thought of me raising a child.  It sounds bad and when I mention to my friends that I don't "think" I want kids (when I know for a fact I don't) they are shocked.  They think I want children because I can interact well with them (Little do they know the truth, lol).  I haven't told anyone that I'm asexual, so... of course they'd also get confused.  But yeah, me have children?  No thanks...

Ms. Carolynne
On 2/21/2018 at 6:40 AM, icaros said:

Dirty talk. For me it sounds so ridiculous and cringy, can't really take it seriously. How do people get aroused by that?

My previous bf asked me to talk dirty to him. I seriously couldn't come up with anything but stupid jokes, and he seemed pretty disappointed :D

Might be a lack of experience on my part, but I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be.

I know if I were asked to do it, I'd have no idea what to say; I'd probably make some bad puns and double entendres, but I don't think that's the point.

I think one is supposed to allude to having sex, like teasing or something, but I couldn't get into that mindset.

knittinghistorian
7 hours ago, Koto said:

1) Thank you!  I've been wondering this my whole life.  After discussions with friends and straining my brain, I can somewhat understand why a person would want a kid.  BUT I DEFINITELY DO NOT. One, I get grossed out at thinking of what would need to happen to have one and two, I also shiver at the thought of me raising a child.  It sounds bad and when I mention to my friends that I don't "think" I want kids (when I know for a fact I don't) they are shocked.  They think I want children because I can interact well with them (Little do they know the truth, lol).  I haven't told anyone that I'm asexual, so... of course they'd also get confused.  But yeah, me have children?  No thanks...

I want to be the Cool Aunt to my cousins' and brother's kids.  I love them, they're great!  And I get to have the fun without the drama... Best of both worlds!

2 hours ago, G1P0 said:

I know if I were asked to do it, I'd have no idea what to say; 

I think one is supposed to allude to having sex, like teasing or something, but I couldn't get into that mindset.

LOL!  Some people become more aroused when someone describes to them what they want to do to them...sexually.  It's the anticipation of what's being described.  

When you go to a restaurant, often the menu describes the dishes in such a way that 'tempts' you.  Which sounds 'better' to you?  Steak, potatoes and a veggie, or...A 12 ounce melt-in-your-mouth Queen cut Prime Rib steak, cooked to order, drizzled with a light, yet beefy au jus, served with a baked Yukon Gold potato and gently steamed Asparagus slathered in a richly seasoned butter sauce?  To some people, that last description would probably have them literally salivating, even if they recently ate!  

Dirty talk works in a similar fashion for some.  It can also make the 'receiver' feel more wanted. Frankly, it did nothing for me, either saying it or hearing it.  In both circumstances, I felt uncomfortable.  

And suddenly...I'm hungry. :lol:

FandomRLyfe

Crushes. How do those happen??? I find it unbelieveable that you can become romantically or sexually attracted to someone you don't know anything about. That doesn't sound like real love to me. I mena if you have a crush on a friend you've had for a while and know plenty about, that makes sense. But if you hardly know some random person, how do you become attracted to them?????? I cannot wrap my head around this.

Flirting. I mean, really? Bet if I stomped on their foot they could speak up.

Sorry. Had a woman today trying to be flirty with me. I thought she had something stuck to her eyeball. :blink:

1 hour ago, FandomRLyfe said:

Crushes. How do those happen??? I find it unbelieveable that you can become romantically or sexually attracted to someone you don't know anything about. That doesn't sound like real love to me. I mena if you have a crush on a friend you've had for a while and know plenty about, that makes sense. But if you hardly know some random person, how do you become attracted to them?????? I cannot wrap my head around this.

Neither can I.  But...I can understand it.  

In high school, I was WILDLY physically attracted to a (male) friend of a friend.  We teased each other all through high school.  My heart would *flutter* every time I saw him in the hallway.  

In real life, I'd probably kill him...and eat him...after a month of being with him...

There are a number of people who are attracted to what they see, and physical appearance often overrides personality...which often overrides character.  How often do we hear something like "He's EVERYTHING I'd want in a man!  He's 'cute' (or attractive, or handsome, etc.), has his own car, a good job, and LOVES kids!"...

...only to discover later on, that he's ALSO a liar, a cheat, arrogant, self-absorbed, belittling, etc.  Yet, people will sacrifice character for the other more 'shallow' qualities.

...then wonder WHY their "relationship" isn't working...

Archived