Things Aces find weird

Tyger Songbird

@SocialMoraysYeah, that's true, it is practice, and not for naught.  And if I had that same take on friends, that they may very well drift away, there'd be no point in making any!  I obviously don't believe in that.

So, yes, that's a good counter.  I'll accept that more nuanced POV over my black-and-white one.  I'm super risk-averse and shy, so I find it hard to make close friends and am loath to put what I have at risk, even if it means I'm missing out on something potentially greater.  Gotta get better at that.

21 minutes ago, cato said:

I'm super risk-averse and shy, so I find it hard to make close friends and am loath to put what I have at risk, even if it means I'm missing out on something potentially greater.

Oh god, me too. A classic case of "do as I say, not as I do" 😋

• 4 months later...
MoonElfQueen

I have a few. This is just my opinion, it's fine if any here disagree: 

1. Shirts for couples. I never really understood why there have to be shirts saying " She's my princess" or "He's my prince" or something similar. I've seen that those relationships don't last long anyway. I don't understand the point of making your relationship obvious. 

2. Calling your partner or spouse "Daddy." I think it's just stupid. My husband and I do call each other Sweetie or Darling but never that. He and I are both on the ace spectrum so we hate those dumb over sexualized pet names. I mean, why that word? It just makes me cringe.

I can think of a lot more but these are the main two. Thank you for anyone who reads or replies. 

Sweet Flowers

I don’t get how women showing more skin is considered “sexy”. There are outfits where that’s obviously the intention, but I can’t dress comfortably in the summer without being stared at.

Janus the Fox

I’d know too well the “Mommy” and “Daddy” pet names for partners are a big part of a fetish or kink for some couples.

BlakeTheNightowl~
10 minutes ago, just random fish said:

I don't really understand what romance is. I can't think of it as anything other but some very deep friendship, and well... It doesn't look like it's very correct. I also don't understand dating as consequence of this, it seems. And don't get ships.

And  a bit ranty, but I don't get why people will say that "you're young, you can change your mind, I knew someone and now they are married and have kids" whenever I tell I won't marry. Like, man. Why assume that everyone is the same. Why assume I'm like this one person?

relatable

Archived