Things Aces find weird

Tyger Songbird

Winter McCoy

One thing I don’t get as a sex-averse asexual, is asexuals with kinks. Like, if you don’t feel sexually attracted to the person you’re being kinky with and you’re not that interested in sex, then aren’t you really just a dude in a rubber dog suit getting spanked by a stranger for absolutely no reason at all?!

Obviously this makes sense to sexual people, but that’s just how I see it. 

7 minutes ago, Winter McCoy said:

One thing I don’t get as a sex-averse asexual, is asexuals with kinks. Like, if you don’t feel sexually attracted to the person you’re being kinky with and you’re not that interested in sex, then aren’t you really just a dude in a rubber dog suit getting spanked by a stranger for absolutely no reason at all?!

I, too, find this an oddity. However, there are people who will tell you it's not about the sex at all, but a cathartic way to let go of tension and letting someone else take control for a short while. I don't play in the kink community though, and I really don't get BDSM, so, I'm left with confusion as to why anyone would allow another person spank (or whip or whatever) them on a purely voluntary basis. >shrug<

Winter McCoy
On 05/03/2018 at 2:06 PM, G1P0 said:

Might be a lack of experience on my part, but I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be.

I know if I were asked to do it, I'd have no idea what to say; I'd probably make some bad puns and double entendres, but I don't think that's the point.

I think one is supposed to allude to having sex, like teasing or something, but I couldn't get into that mindset.

Winter McCoy
5 minutes ago, fuzzipueo said:

I, too, find this an oddity. However, there are people who will tell you it's not about the sex at all, but a cathartic way to let go of tension and letting someone else take control for a short while. I don't play in the kink community though, and I really don't get BDSM, so, I'm left with confusion as to why anyone would allow another person spank (or whip or whatever) them on a purely voluntary basis. >shrug<

I’m glad it’s not just me who is confused!

I have two that bother me a lot. 

1. Why are there so many kissing scenes in movies and tv and why are they so long? I understand the occasional scene as short hand for intimacy. But some of these feel like they don't actually do anything for the characters or the story and sometimes it feels really out of place and breaks immersion. Maybe it's because I'm sex-positive in general, but I think kissing, specifically, is really gross? Why do we need 15 full seconds of it?

2. Work place romances. I'm not sure if this is an asexual thing or not, but I don't understand why you would do that? Don't wipe your feet where you eat! 

Sweet Potato
1 hour ago, Winter McCoy said:

Blow jobs🤢 and all that talk about eating ‘cum.’ Even the word makes me feel grossed out. 

I dont get why its so important to a guy that the person who gave him oral swallows. Really what difference does it make whether they spit, swallow or direct it elsewhere?

Tasha the demi squirrel
11 hours ago, Winter McCoy said:

One thing I don’t get is asexuals with kinks. If you don’t feel sexually attracted to the person you’re being kinky with and you’re not that interested in sex, then aren’t you really just a dude in a rubber dog suit getting spanked by a stranger for absolutely no reason at all?!

I don't understand this either

10 hours ago, Winter McCoy said:

Blow jobs🤢 and all that talk about eating ‘cum.’ Even the word makes me feel grossed out. 

Glad I'm not the only one grossed out by that 

9 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

1. Why are there so many kissing scenes in movies and tv and why are they so long

2. Work place romances. 

1 I feel the same way about sex scenes.....kissing scenes I'm ok with to a point but sex scenes make me uncomfortable

2 I'm a little confused on work place romances as well I've always thought it would be way too awkward to work with them still if the relationship didn't work out but having said that I've had a few work place crushes so I can partially understand 

8 hours ago, Sweet Potato said:

dont get why its so important to a guy that the person who gave him oral swallows.

I don't understand this either plus if the person finds the taste disgusting it makes the whole concept of oral even less appealing 

Winter McCoy
19 minutes ago, Lemonsky said:

Sex scenes in horror films. There are only two questions: why and why?

I think it’s like this horror movie troupe...Like the teens can only be killed after they lose their viginities. I dont know. It just seems so dumb-There’s a crazy maniac in the loose with knifes for hands who could turn up and shred us any minute....But do you fancy a shag? I’m sorry, but if you’re  that stupid you deserve a horror movie death. I love horror films but horror movie sex  makes me cringe!

Ms. Carolynne
38 minutes ago, Lemonsky said:

Sex scenes in horror films. There are only two questions: why and why?

Sometimes they even get butchered right in the middle of it. Beats me.

Tasha the demi squirrel

It's not only in horror films but that is when it makes the least sense

I want to add to my previous list. I don't understand the "40 Year Virgin". It's on tv right now, and literally every part of this movies makes no sense to me. Why would any of these characters do any of the things they do in this movie? 

I could be alone on this one but I have a hard time trying to understand dating websites. Specifically the ones that match people based on sexual interests. Where is option that says "Not at all interested"?

Tyger Songbird
On 3/11/2018 at 7:52 PM, Curi said:

I could be alone on this one but I have a hard time trying to understand dating websites. Specifically the ones that match people based on sexual interests. Where is option that says "Not at all interested"?

Oh, man, do I hate that so much! Whenever it says that, I just think that people ever feel we exist or we are real. Like, we must be cold or callous to be dead to them. I don't get why sex =human to these people.

7 minutes ago, tygersongbird said:

Oh, man, do I hate that so much! Whenever it says that, I just think that people ever feel we exist or we are real. Like, we must be cold or callous to be dead to them. I don't get why sex =human to these people.

Well put!

Duke Memphis
24 minutes ago, tygersongbird said:

I don't get why sex =human to these people.

Because that's traditionally how humans are begotten. :lol:

SallyBlackwater

The fact that it's considered acceptable and even expected to spend a lot of money on a first date. It would be absurd even as a sexual person honestly, but sometimes I hear retellings of first dates that end with "oh, I spent so much money and didn't even get laid" which makes me think... are people (mostly guys though) really willing to spend that much money if the goal is to have sex? Weeeeird.... 

A shard of glass

Dating apps... Like... I'm really really REALLY against them. If I ran things, I'd ban dating apps since it removes a person's personality from the dating options if that makes any sense... Like, imagine picking a car based on how pretty it is... And not how reliable it is, or the fun you could have with it...

Bad example I know... But when you have a date with someone, who cares how you treat them when there are another 100 people who look similar to them that you can date or have sex with? As you can see from this question, the emotions, the feelings, the experiences and all of the fun adventures are just tossed aside as if it were a negated burden... Now imagine a world where nobody met their partner any way other than a dating site? *shudders anxiously in Spanish* That's a day I hope I never live to see...

But from an ace perspective... Yeah, totally weird... All we want is cake and cuddles!!! >:C

I always used to think that at some point in a marriage after you had kids you just stopped having sex.  I was totally ok with that idea.  That probably should have been a clue...

Tasha the demi squirrel
On 15/03/2018 at 9:34 PM, Baggage_warrior said:

Dating apps... Like... I'm really really REALLY against them. If I ran things, I'd ban dating apps since it removes a person's personality from the dating options if that makes any sense... Like, imagine picking a car based on how pretty it is... And not how reliable it is, or the fun you could have with it...

Bad example I know... But when you have a date with someone, who cares how you treat them when there are another 100 people who look similar to them that you can date or have sex with? As you can see from this question, the emotions, the feelings, the experiences and all of the fun adventures are just tossed aside as if it were a negated burden... Now imagine a world where nobody met their partner any way other than a dating site? *shudders anxiously in Spanish* That's a day I hope I never live to see...

But from an ace perspective... Yeah, totally weird... All we want is cake and cuddles!!! >:C

Also far too easy for people to lie about who they are

Yes cake and cuddles

blunose2772

One thing I never got was while in Navy I teamed up with my divisions only female for our 4 hours watch shifts because I deemed safe. They made it sound like an insult. Isn't it a good thing that that she didn't feel in danger around me and I could keep my mind on my work and stay professional?

A shard of glass
1 hour ago, Tasha27 said:

Also far too easy for people to lie about who they are

Yes cake and cuddles

Did I also mention that I'm a Brazilian helicopter pilot who won the moon lottery? ;)

Tasha the demi squirrel
18 hours ago, Baggage_warrior said:

Did I also mention that I'm a Brazilian helicopter pilot who won the moon lottery? ;)

"Humble" brag lol

Ms. Carolynne
19 hours ago, Baggage_warrior said:

*pfft* I'm the real life basis for Rick Sanchez, just ask Justin Roiland.

Not a lot of people know this, but Rick and Morty is based on a true story. That of course being my life's tale.

Lucas Monteiro
On 15/03/2018 at 6:34 PM, Baggage_warrior said:

I disagree somehow, not completely, but still. The thing is, you are generalizing here saying that in every date app people will behave like this and without caring for others or that feelings and emotions will not be the same as the traditional route of dating. Wanting or not, that's basically the future of where relationships will be formed, and that doesn't mean all the adventure and experiences are tossed aside. Don't know if you know, but many ace people found each other online and otherwise I doubt they would find other people similar to them trying to do without dating apps or online forums. 

I think dating sites and real life dating can have their pros and cons, what matters at the end it's not what method you have "used" to get to know someone, but if you have found someone you like or had a good time at the very least.

SweetDreamsMyLove

It's probably in here somewhere.. wanted to think of something specific and lesser known/thought about.

French Kissing..

Like.. why and how does sticking your tongue in someone else's mouth sound like a good idea?!

Yuck!

blunose2772

When guys brag about how many different women they've had sex with. It's actually kind of sad that they can't find true love.

7 hours ago, blunose2772 said:

When guys brag about how many different women they've had sex with. It's actually kind of sad that they can't find true love.

They may not be telling the truth either. :P:P

Archived