Things Aces find weird

Tyger Songbird

Tyger Songbird
23 hours ago, GryphonLover said:

People prioritizing sex over a healthy relationship.  If they're treating you like crap, leave.

And on that note, people will say you don't really love them if you won't have sex with them. Like, is my love truly contigent on being in your pants? I have to prove my love to you? If I say I love you and that you are beautiful, why isn't that enough? 

Sadly, people feel that if you won't have sex with them, then you don't love them, really. I don't get that mentality at all. Aren't there more ways to show love than just bumping uglies?

So, I guess asexual love isn't really love at all, huh? is that so?

Tyger Songbird
2 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

My question on this strip is, what does WC stand for?

Water closet. British word for bathroom.

Tyger Songbird
9 hours ago, Ripper said:

Why someone would want to stick their penis, or have a penis stuck in them? Especially anul stuff.. ew!

Also who cares how big their penis is??

I don't know why people would do that. Anal sex seems really nasty and gross. Where you poop from? And doesn't that hurt? Won't you tear, really?

I'm sorry, but I don't think there is any way that sex could seem "natural" to me. It just seems really painful, to me. I wouldn't want that. And the way that people have sex when I've seen it on camera, they look to completely pummel or pulverize each other. It looks really unsavory. So, I don't get it either.

As for the other question, I can't tell you. However, it seems men really want to brag over it, like they are more manly and macho for it. Why do we even have macho masculinity like that? And why is tied to your screwing habits? It seems screwed up. It is silly.

Lucas Monteiro
16 hours ago, tygersongbird said:

That's predominantly why I can't get my head why "50 shades of Grey" is so popular with everybody. I don't understand why torturing, whipping, and detaining a partner to endure great bodily cruelty is somehow romantic now. It's all about dominance and possession. "I own You and you're my slave!" That is seriously messed up. I want no part of that ever. Yet, 50 Shades is like the best-seller of the culture. Yet, this is what sexual people want.

This is what sexual people are doing now?! They want this? That is scary! If somebody thought to ever do this, I would run for the hills, and flee the valley! Absolutely not! That to me is just vile.

Yes some of them want that, they want to feel they are being dominated by someone who can control them. It's all about psychological thinking and traces of our old past way of doing things, if we are at least talking about a relationship between a man and woman. When human beings were still evolving, the best way for you to pass your genes was to show power over others, sex was nothing more than just exerting dominance, it was all about surviving for the sake of doing it and it was just the biological proccess. And let me tell you something, some women still carry those same thoughts of before, those same genes and in the end they think the man who can do this, has the superior gene.

If you think this is messed up, I'm sorry to say but that's just the beggining of the history of mankind and the species. There is no logical thinking behind Nature, there is no logos behind all that. There is only chaos, and we humans are the product of it.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/close-encounters/201505/why-some-us-seek-dominant-partners

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/head-games/201308/what-women-want-in-men

Also, why a guy would wanna “eat a girl out”. Sounds disgusting as well.

On 7.2.2018 at 12:10 AM, Alejandrogynous said:

Or maybe two strong independent women made choices about their own lives like adults and not being ashamed of their sexuality is part of what makes them strong independent women in the first place?

Thing is, they both said they were unhappy about it, so I’d say no.

You have to say it in a british accent, of course. (Unless you're already speaking in a british accent, in which case, you... still speak in a british accent)

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I've been watching a weird situation developing. I have a much younger colleague who gets on the bus at night after work. She has just moved here, with her boyfriend and they have a flat in town. Occasionally he used to give her a lift to and from work. Recently, she started getting on the bus with one guy from her team, then two, now three....she's completely surrounded by these guys, each flirting their heads off. I don't know if she has told them she lives with her boyfriend, but if she has , it has made no difference!

It confuses me, maybe it's a power thing, or just liking to string them along, but I won't know the outcome, as I'll be biking it back and forward from Monday!:D

I wouldn't say it in a British accent because then people will know it's a British term automatically. It would be a lot more confusing to say it with a non-British accent as though it's something you expect people of your own culture to be familiar with.

All of the things people do to try to get your attention when they're attracted to you. I find sex eyes, flirting, etc. extremely unappealing. I prefer people acting normally instead of weird.

plasticapollos

MY GOODNESS CAT CALLING.

I don't get why I get catcalled everytime I freaken leave the house to the touristy areas. Are my clothes radiating sex? My friends havn't said anything. I literally have no  idea. To me atleast, my clothes are fine? I'M NOT ASKING FOR SEX BY WHAT I WEAR!!

Why am I so good at flirting? To me I'm just being cute. Apparently that's flirting. I just want to be loved? Am I going about this the wrong way?

Why do I have to question where I am on the aspectrum all over again every few weeks? Like really? Can things stop taking me by surprise? 

7 hours ago, Ripper said:

Also, why a guy would wanna “eat a girl out”. Sounds disgusting as well.

Trust me it’s nothing short of amazing 👍

On 05/02/2018 at 4:11 PM, Galactic Turtle said:

12. Sex vs. Masturbation: Aren't they accomplishing the same thing? If so then why do people view them so differently? It's not like a back massage. We all have very convenient access to our genitals.

Sex is like running a marathon with your partner. Talking as you run, enjoying the journey together, enjoying the sights sounds and smell as you go until you both finish.

Masturbation is like running 26.2 miles on a treadmill and imagining all of the above.

We do all have access to our own genitals but they are designed for a specific purpose. A penis isn’t designed to fit in our hands. That’s what vagina’s are specifically designed for. And I’d rather have sex with someone instead of myself.

On 07/02/2018 at 2:33 PM, GryphonLover said:

2. People prioritizing sex over a healthy relationship.  If they're treating you like crap, leave.

In the land of the sexual, a ‘healthy

relationship ‘ is usually complimented by sex.

One of the first things to go when a marriage is going down the pan is sex. So not many people/couples prioritise sex over the relationship. That’s a myth that some people like others to believe but it is a myth and nothing more.

knittinghistorian
On 2/5/2018 at 8:09 AM, tygersongbird said:

Have you ever felt there are some things you simply can not understand as an asexual? Like, why do people even?

I have often felt this for the longest time, and I never had anybody to discuss that with. So, I was just thinking of starting a thread for this. Maybe some of us can get those things out. It doesn't have to be sexual things. It can be anything in life whatsoever.

So, I'll start it off.

I could never understand 2 things really: 

1) The need to have a baby. I'm sorry I don't understand why people have such an enormous desire to have children. I don't understand why it's everything in life for some people. Call me close-minded, but I just could never understand why people would ever want to have kids. Maybe I just don't have the paternal instincts or something. I just don't see why people would want to have children. I just believe there are other better things to do. Again, call me close-minded. My opinion is just my own, though. Don't get offended by it.

2) 2nd thing: Duke College girl sex list

Yeah, seriously. 

Do sexual people really think like that? Like, you are graded on some sort of sex score sheet as to how good in bed you are? Do people really do that?  It seems really piggish, trashy and demeaning to me to judge people only for their bedroom abilities. To call someone out for shortcomings and whatnot. After all, what if they are a great person and they truly just "love you?" It's like being lowered to being only good for your genitals. And is that how people really judge you as a good partner? Whether or not you would be good at sex? Aren't there other things that matter deep down, like internal qualities? I don't get why sex is seen as such a huge deal. Or "sexual compatibility" for that matter. What does that even mean? It's like all a person is a commodity to that point, like buying a car. I don't get it. Then again, I'm not a sexual person, am I?

So, yeah, those are some things I simply don't get. What are some things you simply don't get, personally? What are some things you find weird?

See, I had a totally different, very asexual reaction: “Hmm, well, I suppose I can see some value in an academic examination of this topic. Though a larger sample size and more rigorous experimental controls are needed.”

4 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Its quicker, simpler, and you dont have to worry about anyone or anything else. Plus you can start/stop whenever you feel like it and dont have to put up with anyone nor give any explanations

Many would simply refer to this as being selfish or being invested in ones own interests only. 

As for eating oral sex being disgusting, I beg to differ.

Tyger Songbird
8 hours ago, Lucas Monteiro said:

Yes some of them want that, they want to feel they are being dominated by someone who can control them. It's all about psychological thinking and traces of our old past way of doing things, if we are at least talking about a relationship between a man and woman. When human beings were still evolving, the best way for you to pass your genes was to show power over others, sex was nothing more than just exerting dominance, it was all about surviving for the sake of doing it and it was just the biological proccess. And let me tell you something, some women still carry those same thoughts of before, those same genes and in the end they think the man who can do this, has the superior gene.

If you think this is messed up, I'm sorry to say but that's just the beggining of the history of mankind and the species. There is no logical thinking behind Nature, there is no logos behind all that. There is only chaos, and we humans are the product of it.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/close-encounters/201505/why-some-us-seek-dominant-partners

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/head-games/201308/what-women-want-in-men

Well, I guess I will go extinct with my genes. Whatever. Like I'd ever want to dominate or impose myself on someone like that. That's sounds detestable to me.

Tyger Songbird
2 hours ago, James121 said:

In the land of the sexual, a ‘healthy

relationship ‘ is usually complimented by sex.

One of the first things to go when a marriage is going down the pan is sex. So not many people/couples prioritise sex over the relationship. That’s a myth that some people like others to believe but it is a myth and nothing more.

OK. I hope to not yell or throw flames over at you. However, I don't think that you know how pernicious your statement is, for us asexuals. So, I know that it's how you do things in your experience. What you seem to not understand is that sexual people seem to think that asexual relationships=friendship. It's not true love. It's a broken or disordered love. It's incomplete. What you are not getting is the frustration that most sexual people don't think that asexuals are even human because they don't have a sexual dimension to them, really. So many sexuals try to pressure asexuals into having sex, as they believe their way of love is right and our abstinence from it is wrong. They'll say we are the ones with the problem that need fixing. It's either that or we're selfish for not letting them get any, like we live to torture those we love.  How many times have I heard that I must be "abnormal" because I don't want to do it with anyone? It's astounding and exacerbating

So, a lot of people will say that your relationship is basically a roommate or that you don't really love your partner if you don't have sex with them. It is absolutely unheard of to be demeaned in terms of being loving and lovable. The idea that people think that you are only lovable so long as you have sex is not a good one. It sucks to be knocked back and knocked down because you are who you are, with everyone deeming you disordered or broken for it. We want to love and find love too. We think people are pretty. But why is it that having sex with them validates our love for them? But why do we have to "give up sex" to find true love? Why does it have to be that way?

6 minutes ago, tygersongbird said:

I don't think that you know how pernicious your statement is, for us asexuals.

You make some valid points that I will bare in mind however if you want to see a penicious post, please see almost everything that philip027 posts.

Tyger Songbird
1 hour ago, James121 said:

You make some valid points that I will bare in mind however if you want to see a penicious post, please see almost everything that philip027 posts.

Could you share those with me? I have no idea who that is.

4 hours ago, plasticapollos said:

Why am I so good at flirting? To me I'm just being cute. Apparently that's flirting. I just want to be loved? Am I going about this the wrong way?

I've had this problem, too. There are men out there who take women being friendly as a sign of interest. It's best to just be polite but brief and not joke around and stuff with them.

3 hours ago, tygersongbird said:

What you are not getting is the frustration that most sexual people don't think that asexuals are even human because they don't have a sexual dimension to them, really.

I guess that means rapists and pedophiles are more human than we are, then. If that's the case, then I am glad that I am seen as separate from that.

It's funny because I read about a study where participants seemed to think asexuals are somehow more animalistic than sexuals. The two most animalistic things a person can do are kill and have sex.

Tyger Songbird
16 minutes ago, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

I guess that means rapists and pedophiles are more human than we are, then. If that's the case, then I am glad that I am seen as separate from that.

It's funny because I read about a study where participants seemed to think asexuals are somehow more animalistic than sexuals. The two most animalistic things a person can do are kill and have sex.

I guess so. I've never read that study. However, I have heard that people feel weird dating an asexual, because they don't "desire them". I find that weird, because if you date someone, wouldn't you find them beautiful to stay around with them? Just saying. 

I don't get the whole "You don't find me beautiful because you won't have sex with me" argument.  People, sex ≠ you're beautiful. If someone says to you that they find you lovely, then don't find fault in that. If they say you're beautiful, then guess what? They like you! And why is that not enough proof?

It's all too weird to me.

Lucas Monteiro
4 hours ago, James121 said:

I don't think talking about someone behind their back is nice, I think one penicious post is this one you did. But I'm sorry if I misinterpreted wrong but for me it seems that you didn't quote him or something, just for him to not know. Otherwise, if you just forgot, let me help you. @Philip027 

Lucas Monteiro
51 minutes ago, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

I've had this problem, too. There are men out there who take women being friendly as a sign of interest. It's best to just be polite but brief and not joke around and stuff with them.

That's true, some sexual men would think that it's a sign of interest, and to be honest, it's not all their fault to think about that. But it's truly bad that they would think in this way all the time, so I agree with you that the best option it's to be polite but brief. 

Archived